We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Some things I feel like should be said but...

You were not forced out of the region, your citizenship was merely removed. You were entirely free to continue participating on the Regional Message Board and all areas of the forum that did not require citizenship. Milograd is the only person who was genuinely forced out of the region.

Quite frankly, I truly believe you would be very happy to see Glen leave the region and that, even subconsciously, drives your relatively hostile approach towards him, just as I also believe Glen would be very happy to see you leave the region, even if he says he can coexist with you. I don't believe for a second either of you would admit it, but I honestly believe that it the case.

As an aside, I also don't believe you are truly trying to find common ground. I believe you believe you the coup wasn't that big of a deal, because the system really is dysfunctional, and the only people affected were people who are politically controversial. That means you, naturally, don't feel the same drive or need to be tough in your treatment of the coupers and the whole situation.

I don't think that's entirely your fault. I mean, I don't believe compromise is even possible, in this situation. One side believes the coup wasn't so serious and the coupers believe to be forgiven, another side simply doesn't believe forgiveness should be an option, while many are caught in the middle. You can't really half-forgive them. I can't speak for other people who also believe the coup was more serious than the treatment it's getting, but personally, my problem isn't that you don't treat it seriously, as much as it's that I don't get the feeling you are actually trying to see my side of the issue, and instead you're sticking to calling my positions uncompromising, as if it was my responsibility to unconditionally forgive the very people who mounted a smear campaign against me and then ejected me from the region.

Example: would you have unconditionally forgiven Milograd for all he did, less than an month after the coup? Would you really think it would be fair for people to call you uncompromising for not wanting to forgive him? It's the same thing with me, and with others. Sure, this time only three nations were ejected, but you're talking to those three nations. They feel that same sense of betrayal you felt towards Milograd, and it's not fair for you to ask of them what nobody asked of you, and with good reason.

In short, my problem is I don't think you're upfront about not actually trying to find compromise (even if I believe compromise isn't really possible), as much as you're trying to frame your own position as compromise. Could I be wrong? Sure, I definitely could be. But that's the feeling I get, and I honestly don't think you can blame me for getting that impression.

(03-08-2016, 01:52 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Or to less contention parts of the game (see: the RP forums Kris still enjoys).

RP FTW!
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some things I feel like should be said but... - by Kris Kringle - 03-08-2016, 04:12 PM