We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Uncomfortable with certain mod actions

(03-01-2016, 05:29 PM)HEM Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 05:08 PM)Drugged Monkeys Wrote: I fully disagree with you on this HEM.
I would have locked the thread myself, had Tsu not done it first.
That discussion was way off topic. And on at least 2 occasions it was brought up to get back on topic.
It became an argument thread with personal insults starting to fly around.

If it was a useful discussion related to the topic is was there for, it could have stayed open.

And so un-elected, virtually unaccountable officers get to decide what is protected as free speech and what is not? That is a part of the problem we are having with the administrative team: they take on extra-legal actions that is not their job. If Awe closed the thread, that is their authority as Chair of the Assembly. Awe is accountable to citizens, and citizens have a process upon which they can appeal that action. 

I am NOT arguing the topic was productive. I am arguing that it should not have been closed, and an administrator should NOT have threatened to close any topics that dare to breech similar topics.

Think of it as a, "I don't like what you had to say, but I defend your right to say it," sort of thing.

(03-01-2016, 05:17 PM)Eluvatar Wrote: I imagine that Awe can reopen it if he likes.

Not according to Tsunamy..

I've clarified my stance HEM. I can't remember a time when I've closed a thread like this as an admin. I wouldn't have intervened here, either.

I did this as my role as delegate and we have processes for a recall if this is that much of a problem.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
Uncomfortable with certain mod actions - by HEM - 03-01-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Uncomfortable with certain mod actions - by Tsunamy - 03-01-2016, 05:33 PM