We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Commission on Procedure (COP)

After reading Far’s response I’m dropping the in game persona Frost effective immediately. I apologize in advance if it feels like I'm ranting since that is not my intent at all.

However, the in game persona is ill equipped and I am also a bit inexperienced to respond without straying too far from his inspiration as a rational actor. However, this character has good intentions, and wants to better the region. Although execution on my part leaves much to be desired.

You're (Far) right, there is no perspective at all. The only members who are active at all in the commission are myself, Omega and Grif. Roavin has resigned from the commission and Ryccia is essentially inactive. We've done some headway in getting a simplified Roberts rule for the online forum and have also done some other work that would have been valid in another commission. There have also been many days where everyone was inactive which I chalked up to a “planned holiday” to save face.

I fully expected to be grilled over the STATUS report, but was not expecting it to be mistaken as the final report as I see some users are interpreting it as. But the facts are that I dropped the ball as Chair of the Commission. It's not Omega, Grif, Roavin or Ryccias fault, since the buck stops with me. I can chalk it up to inexperience or some other excuse but the facts are that I dropped the ball.

Now the way I see it, I see 3 options to get out of this debacle of a commission that I, user Frost, allowed to happen.
1. I resign and allow Omega to restructure the commission and they get things done. Essentially run from the problems
2. Apologize profusely and beg legislative heavyweights like yourself, glen, bel, kris and others for help and get this done.
3. Ignore the public outcry and keep up with this farce like nothing ever happened.

Obviously I have no intention of running away from this debacle or ignore the public outcry. But if the forum demands that I resign, I'll tender my resignation. However, I'm asking you, no I'm begging at this point for you all to help guide the inexperienced legislator Frost (who may return to this thread if I can maintain his convoluted, but rational thoughts) get this done.

Also big thank you to Kris for clarifying and giving a bit of a regional history lesson. I wish I had that knowledge before hand as I would had the commission move on. Also on a side note, I am extremely interested in the regions history, and would like to know if there is a historical archive for events at the region.

Again I sincerely apologize for dropping the ball as chair of the commission, and will move to rectify the situation.

Messages In This Thread
The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 10-15-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Roavin - 10-15-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 11-03-2016, 09:25 PM
The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 11-04-2016, 06:07 AM
The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 11-04-2016, 04:40 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Ryccia - 11-04-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 01-09-2017, 09:56 AM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Roavin - 01-26-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 01-26-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Tim - 01-27-2017, 03:53 AM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 01-27-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 01-28-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Imperial Frost Federation - 01-28-2017, 05:54 PM
The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by sandaoguo - 01-28-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Seraph - 01-28-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Roavin - 01-30-2017, 10:29 PM