We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Stronger in Unity | Sandaoguo for Delegate!

Thanks Kris! I really appreciate your support!

Seraph: The biggest thing that I've been doing for the past few months is setting up GenSec, the new mod-ish group in the WA General Assembly that decides if a proposal is legal or illegal. That's involved quite a bit of work and team-building, as the members of GenSec are diverse in their opinions on the proposal rules.

I've still been very active in TSP, particularly in the Assembly. Working with TIL, I've proposed bills and amendments to address issues that have cropped up here and there. And I was just recently accepted into the CRS.

My experiences with GenSec so far have given me valuable lessons about moderating and collaborative decision-making. We have to reach majority agreements on our legal opinions, which often means debating and convincing each other to sign on to our ideas. I think this is an invaluable skill, because the Delegate is a thought leader in our region. A lot of people look to them for their opinions and expect them to help settle political divides that have proven insolvable in the normal process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Stronger in Unity | Sandaoguo for Delegate! - by sandaoguo - 01-06-2017, 08:49 AM