We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

o7 TSP

(01-04-2017, 07:10 AM)HiddenUnder Wrote: What I suppose NationState is all about :
  1. Dealing with issues daily     <-- I understand that
  2. Internal region stuff     <-- I don't understand
  3. Foreign affair within the region     <-- I don't know
  4. Foreign affair between multiple regions     <-- I don't know either
  5. World Assembly stuff     <-- I'm trying to get tuned
  6. Ranking stuff     <-- I don't give a damn about ranks Happywide
  7. Military stuff     <-- I don't understand
  8. Role-Playing stuff     <-- I wait to understand the game entirely before that Tounge
  9. And I might forgot many aspects of the game x)     <-- I won't reject your help about it.

So I hope you guys (and girls) will help me. Happywide Because I don't understand most of the game (I'm reading all kind of doc already but don't quite have the time for it). x)

Hello and welcome! I'm the Minister of Regional Affairs here and welcoming people is part of the job of my ministry. Have you read this dispatch, yet? It answers a fair few of the questions you've asked if you take the time to read it through. I tried to make it light-hearted and enjoyable, soif you find it a chore, you can blame me!

You can also ask questions on our Discord server (which I know you've already joined).

I'll try to give quick descriptions of the things you say you don't understand here, though:

Internal region stuff - This consists of things like our regional journalism (that's my area too) and events and festivals (also MoRA stuff). It's what you make of it really. If you're interested in helping out, why not visit the MoRA Discord server and we can show you around.

Foreign affair within the region - In the NationStates community, Foreign Affairs refers to relationships between regions, not within them.

Foreign affair between multiple regions - This is the purview of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Our FA minister is @Sam111. He can tell you more about our relationships with other regions, if you're interested.

World Assembly stuff - I cover this a bit in the guide, so I won't go into much detail here, but there are lots of benefits to being in the WA, including aiding our regional security with your endorsement count. @sandaoguo is actually on the WA's General Secretariat, so I'm sure he'd be happy to fill you in on the more complex side of the WA.

Military stuff - We also have a Ministry of Military Affairs, headed up by the minister, @Roavin. Military gameplay in NationStates is all about gaining control of regions through the use of the endorsement system. If you want to know more, ask Roavin.

Role-Playing stuff - Like most of the stuff that happens on the forums, our roleplaying community doesn't really have muc to do with the game itself. My nation, Erinor isn't much like Erinor in the game, not least because the way the game works doesn't lead to naturalistic nations and our regional RP is designed around realistic modern nations (although we have non-canon RPs for all other kinds). Have a look in Treasure Island on these forums to see what that's like.

I hope that helps and, once again, welcome to the South Pacific. Did anyone give you a Lampshade? Well, have another, just in case!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Messages In This Thread
o7 TSP - by HiddenUnder - 01-04-2017, 07:10 AM
RE: o7 TSP - by Zak6858 - 01-04-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: o7 TSP - by Seraph - 01-04-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: o7 TSP - by Anapol - 01-05-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: o7 TSP - by Tim - 01-05-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: o7 TSP - by HiddenUnder - 01-06-2017, 05:45 AM
RE: o7 TSP - by Seraph - 01-06-2017, 06:06 AM
RE: o7 TSP - by HiddenUnder - 01-06-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: o7 TSP - by Seraph - 01-06-2017, 07:46 AM