We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

February 2017 Cabinet and CoA elections endorsement process

Thanks Smile

Well, I'd just like to start by saying that there was nothing personal about yesterdays unpleasantness - I think the deal made was dodgy, and I called it that, but that was because I want fair and open elections, with real debate and exchanges of ideas. If political parties make deals to decide the result before the election has really begun then we don't have that, and TSP will be poorer for it. People should vote for the best candidate, not the candidate they like the best - there have been numerous occasions in the past when I've voted for Glen, despite our personal differences, because on the day in question he was the best candidate. Now that you've heard from all the candidates and seen our ideas, APC can decide who you think would be the best MoFA and endorse accordingly; that's the way the system is meant to work. That's democracy in action.

In this election, the choice is between me and Escade and I think I'm the best candidate. Escade was a great Minister of Regional Affairs in the past, and would make a great Minister of Regional Affairs today, but she's not running for that job. There is a reason why TSP has both a MoFA and a MoRA, and it's because they're both important. You shouldn't endorse for MoFA a candidate who wants to turn MoFA into a second MoRA, because that's not the point of the ministry; it's just as bad idea as electing a Minister of Regional Affairs who actually wants to be in charge of foreign affairs. I've set out practical, real things that I'll do as MoFA, things that the MoFA needs to be doing. It's not fancy, it's not appealing, it's not fun; but it's the reality of the job.

I'm never going to be funnest, or friendliest or most welcoming person in TSP. I'm not that kind of person, just as I'm not good at cultural stuff or roleplaying. You shouldn't endorse me for MoRA, but at the same time, that's why I'm not running for that job. I am, however, good at the stuff involved in being MoFA. I'm the best candidate with the best platform, and that's why I'm running for the job.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: February 2017 Cabinet and CoA elections endorsement process - by Belschaft - 02-07-2017, 08:08 PM