We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party

Quote:Hey everyone, is there anything y'all would want to change about the structure of our party?
How does the APC plan to make itself appear less thirsty and clingy for new members in the future, whether through new leadership or a recruitment strategy that actually makes sense?

When I first joined the Assembly recently, I got a Private Message from Griffindor about joining the APC. I ignored it, because I wasn't particularly interested. Three months later, when I once again got active on the forums, I again received a Private Message from Griffindor about joining the APC. It wasn't even personalized, the entire copy/paste was talking about "receiving guidance about the forum side of Nationstates" and such, completely turning me off the APC, especially given the fact that it would take less than a minute to check and realize that I'd been around long enough to know how a goddamn forum works. It didn't stop there though, because after I applied to join The Island League a few weeks later, I received yet another PM from Griffindor about joining the APC. This time, the PM was basically passive aggressively attacking TIL and asking me to join the APC instead. After I declined, there was a multi-PM chain asking me why I chose TIL over APC, and continually stressing that APC was still an open option.

By this point, Griffindor had annoyed me enough that there was no way in hell I would, at any point, consider joining the APC. The recruitment tactics were frankly unprofessional, initially impersonal, and eventually seemed centered more around attacking TIL than actually promoting any non-fluff aspects of the APC.

So, again, my question. How does the APC intend to, in the future, have a recruitment strategy based around something a bit more than persistence to the point of being just plain annoying, as well as unprofessional attacks on the other parties.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - by Tim - 02-25-2017, 06:08 PM