We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives

(03-23-2019, 05:18 AM)Bzerneleg Wrote: I think bills and amendments should follow the same format, it should be: A.B.[number of bill].

Even if it is realistic... I don't think we should prioritise technical definitions over a legible format.
Anyways, original debate threads for the bill are way different that amendments, and they deserve to be distinguished even if it means getting a dictionary definition slightly incorrect.
(03-23-2019, 05:18 AM)Bzerneleg Wrote: On the question of whether to include the voting results of a bill into the code, I believe it does not really have that much effect if we use the current system or yours. However, I prefer the former as it is simple and easier to view.
I mean, the current system puts a [FAILED] or [PASSED] in front of the amendment, while the new system puts a .F or .P at the end... I guess the current system works except when searching for something.

When you search for an amendment, instead of ordering like:
A.LPA.1.F
A.LPA.2.P
A.LPA.3.P
A.LPA.4.F
A.LPA.B

It will order like:
[FAILED] A.LPA.1
[FAILED] A.LPA.4
[PASSED] A.LPA.2
[PASSED] A.LPA.3
[PASSED] A.LPA.B
(I'm not sure if a letter would come before or after numbers, I'm just assuming "alphabetical order" means special symbols, numbers, letters)
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jebediah's post:
  • Bzerneleg

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives - by Jebediah - 03-23-2019, 06:19 AM