We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives

So, just to start off with the process, I've made a draft.
Quote:
Law Standards Act
3. Amendments, Bills and Repeals
(1) The standard format for an ammendment title will be to note:
a. Which body of the government is proposing the ammendment
b. Which law is being ammended
c. The number of the proposed ammendment.
d. The status of the ammendment

(2) This will be show in a simple format: A.LLL.1.D. A means "Assembly", LLL are the initials of the law, 1 means the number of the proposed ammendment, and "D" means "Discussion" which is the current status of the ammendment. These codes can be replaced with the following:
a. "A" can be replaced with *
b. "LLL" can be replaced with the first letters of each word of the laws, generally all the letters in capitals.
c. "1" is the number of the proposed ammendment and can be replaced with "B.1" if it is a bill. "1" refers to the number of the times a bill by that name has been proposed.
d. "D" meaning discussion and/or draft can be replaced with "P" for passed and "F" for failed.

(3) If two laws have the same initials, the chair can decide to change one of the initials, and must note this on the law page and index.

*Can someone fill this in because I don't know enough about the TSP to know what goes here
** The rest of the sections are renumbered accordingly.

I think this is clear enough, although someone might be able to merge (1) and (2) into a mega section  Tounge
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jebediah's post:
  • Bzerneleg

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives - by Jebediah - 03-24-2019, 07:36 AM