We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives

(03-27-2019, 12:58 PM)Jebediah Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 02:22 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Rarely do we propose multiple amendments to the same law in the same month, but we could add a .1 after the date if it happens.

...and? The only reason it's in the law is that, even if there are no amendments for the rest of the month, if someone else makes an amendment for the same law, then the person with the original amendment will have to go back and put a ".1" in their title. It's much easier if you just put a ".1" at the end even if it turns out to be useless.

Other than that you've basically done the same as me. About the status of the amendment, this is just to stay in line with our current system and makes everything easier to see (If you are looking for an amendment title and it just says "A.LPA.0319.1" then you don't know if it has passed or failed, and if you already know if it passed or failed then it would make finding the amendment much easier. Also, when searching for current in discussion amendments, then clicking a topic and finding its already failed doesn't help when you had a really good idea to add.

(03-26-2019, 12:00 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: I got rid of the "A" for Assembly, since the posts will all be in the Assembly archives...

By the way, I chose to put "Assembly" in front of everything just to clarify easily that this is an assembly thread and not anything else, in case you were looking through a large number of subforums.

1. Not really. If theres a  "A.LPA.0319", then a  "A.LPA.0319.1", the first is assumed to be .0, then the 2nd .1, and so on.

2. Kinda. I got rid of your comma in the date, as its mostly useless. I removed the "A" for Assembly, cause its existence is, again, useless. Simple is better. The less we have to remember, the better.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives - by Rebeltopia - 03-27-2019, 01:23 PM