We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Delegate Doesn't Know Electoral Cycle

Delegate Doesn't Know Electoral Cycle
by Awe

We have received an anonymous tip-off, detailing a conversation that occured recently on the IRC channel of the South Pacific:

Quote:[10:49am] KringPhone: Run for MoRA in tomorrow's election
[10:49am] Awe: Why?
[10:50am] Awe: Isn't the election in Nov?
[10:57am] Arbiter08: Quick, I need a few different meanings for MiRA other then Minister of Regional Affairs!
[10:57am] Arbiter08: *MoRA
[10:59am] KringPhone: Yes Awe
[10:59am] Salaxalans: Wait what
[10:59am] KringPhone: Nominations open on November 15
[10:59am] Salaxalans: Elections are tomorrow?
[11:00am] Awe: Tomorrow, my friend, is October 11

In a shocking revelation, Delegate Kris 'Santa' Montresor displayed either:
  1. A lack of knowledge of the electoral cycle of this region
  2. A lack of knowledge of the manner in which time and calendars work
Even more shocking, however, was what was said further into this memo:

Quote:[11:04am] Arbiter08: Wait, we have elections? :surprised:
[11:04am] Arbiter08: Since when?
[11:04am] KringPhone: I'd totally publish it under the onion.
[11:04am] Salaxalans: That's what we tell everyone, Arbiter08.
[11:04am] Salaxalans: Keeps them happy
[11:05am] KringPhone

The apparent lack of knowledge from the Executive is definitely worthy of recall, given that recall motions and other criticisms, as per South Pacifican tradition, have always been started on sometimes trivial issues, including the definition of Christmas. However, as far as recall motions go, one would be certain that this would not pass the watchful eyes of our Assembly.

As far as this reporter knows, this could be only momentary inebriation, as members of the Cabinet are frequently seen at the renowned Lampshade Bar and Grill. Otherwise, it could be a worrying trend, particularly so given the 'Coup Tuesdays' and the recent change of the WFE theme to that of George Orwell's dystopian novel, 1984.

Could it be the truth that "he who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past"? Or that "the choice for mankind lies between cake and pie and for the great bulk of mankind, cake is better"?

Only time, not a TARDIS, will tell.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Amusing looking back at that thread that I was told that of course no one in gameplay would try to pass a state religion. Because TNP definitely didn't, and it definitely didn't lead to all sorts of drama and acrimony and bitching...

Good thing that will never happen here. I seriously doubt any such law will pass here, with our culture of disliking over legislation or unnecessary laws.

I actually did think adopting Flemingovianisn as a state religion was ridiculous. Like I said in one of your threads, I do oppose mixing politics and religion. It's ir thin to have this cool and funny religio that people can join, but it's quite another to make it part of regional law. "It's just to roleplay" wasn't really a good excuse.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(10-18-2014, 06:59 AM)Vibrant Coconuts Wrote: Amusing looking back at that thread that I was told that of course no one in gameplay would try to pass a state religion. Because TNP definitely didn't, and it definitely didn't lead to all sorts of drama and acrimony and bitching...

It was only a bitch fest for those who couldn't realise that it was simply a cultural matter and that it was in fact not binding on an individual or nations right to freedom of religious worship. I read your thread about the MoRA's statement on Christmas. The fact that anyone could make such a big deal out of that statement or even equate an entirely made up/strictly in-game religion, with a real life interference between religion and the political process is totally absurd.

Nice article Kris! Smile
Ambassador from The North Pacific

Tell Awe, he was the one who wrote it! Happywide

@Raven: relax man. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Legal Resources:

(10-19-2014, 10:55 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Tell Awe, he was the one who wrote it! Happywide

@Raven: relax man. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

You aren't generally meant to reply to deleted posts, which I deleted when I realised the tone was off.

Wow you leave for a bit of time and come back to....the same. I kind of like it.

and 11 years? really? I am almost scared now....
My one and only Minion is Rebs.
Now to reclaim my crown.
It is a location joke.
All those who wander are not always lost...
The voices inside of my head get along with the monsters under my bed that do bone dances with the skeletons in my closet while the disco ball hangs by a thread...
one of the1st Delegates of TSP...she went crazy..naw she was already bonkers...

What? Why? Eleven years isn't so bad. Tounge
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

I think I am going to wander away for a bit and post something about this in the DoMW thread. I did not mean to threadjack this topic Smile

I apologize Kris.

Wow and get back on your game man Tounge you gotta know the laws/bylaws/whatevers by heart...

wait can I pop quiz the Delegate? Tounge
My one and only Minion is Rebs.
Now to reclaim my crown.
It is a location joke.
All those who wander are not always lost...
The voices inside of my head get along with the monsters under my bed that do bone dances with the skeletons in my closet while the disco ball hangs by a thread...
one of the1st Delegates of TSP...she went crazy..naw she was already bonkers...

Yes you can!

Legal Resources: