We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resident Spotlight: Mayano

Mayano is a resident of the South Pacific. He came earlier this year and has been relatively quiet, but has a very promising future in the region, and was kind enough to sit down with me and discuss some of his thoughts about the region and his future in it. This interview was held before Z-Day, so some comments in it will make sense taking that context into account.

Kringle: Hi there! Welcome to the Interview Hall!

JB555: Thanks, hello yourself! How are you doing today?

Kringle: I'm good! First, I want to discuss a bit about how you came to NationStates. Was it because someone else recommended it, or were you looking for a game like this?

JB555: Some other people were playing it and talking about it. I found it interesting so decided to sign up myself. I'm so glad I did as well.

Kringle: What do you find most interesting about NationStates? The issues, military gameplay, roleplaying? Personally, I love regional governments, and how we can have such awesome communities.

JB555: Hmmm, I haven’t done much roleplaying yet, like serious roleplaying. I do enjoy the issues though, but my favourite part would have to be the military gameplay. I think a lot of people would agree. And the liberation I was on yesterday.

Kringle: That leads me to ask about your participation in regional affairs. Do you have an interest in joining the Special Forces, or perhaps even participating in our of our ministries?

JB555: Yes, perhaps the special forces. And I do have an interest in SPINN. I went straight for the Journal, but then I was in yesterday's mission, and SPSF seemed like an appealing option also. So what were your Interests when you found out about all the options available to you?

Kringle: There were no options when I joined NationStates. The only way to get involved was to start posting in the Assembly.

JB555: Are you serious?

Kringle: That's how it worked a year ago. I mean, sure, you had the Special Forces. But there was no central thread where they explained every option, and where you could sign up for them. Now you just fill out the application, and we contact you to explain everything in more detail, and do our best to help you get involved whenever possible. TSP in 2013 was still a very welcoming and fun region, but you didn't have the Fellowship Programme. So it was a bit more difficult to get involved.

JB555: I must say, I like TSP now, probably wouldn’t have liked it as much then. The Fellowship program is actually great, because it explains every option. I love it.

Kringle: Let's talk about that, actually. What are your thoughts about the South Pacific? What made you want to get more involved?

JB555: Well, all the options there seem very appealing to me. Plus I couldn’t be bothered to sort through all the other recruitment telegrams to find something more appealing. There's way too many. I blocked them all. But I do like the south pacific. I like the government, I like the people, everyone is so kind and helpful.

Kringle: But again, many nations can stay in the region, but not many actually take that additional step and contact the government, try to sign up for the FP, etc. Was it just personal initiative, or was there a specific thing that convinced you to go ahead?

JB555: The Southern Journal. I read The Rejected Times at first, and I knew I wanted to be part of a newspaper. I didn’t realize there was one like it in TSP until I saw your Telegram about it.

Kringle: I don't think we are as sophisticated as the Times. Tounge But we are getting there. Now, we've talked about government participation, namely the Journal.

Z-DAY

Kringle: Changing topics a bit. What are your plans for participating in Z-Day? Will you cure, kill, or infect? Did you sign up for the Response Team?

JB555: The Response Team? And I'm on the cure core for S.T.A.R.S

Kringle: What do you expect for that day? In terms of regional activity, perhaps?

JB555: Well, I expect the RMB will explode, and I expect I'll have as many cure missiles s needed, so I can cure as many nations as possible. I have a special type that are more powerful than normal. I only have about 5, and they need about 5 days to cure. They will be finished by Saturday, and will cure until the night before the apocalypse.

Kringle: Well, we are almost there now. Just a couple of questions.

JB555: Aha, ask away.

Kringle: First, lampshade or skirt?

JB555: Skirt.

Kringle: Cake or Pie?

JB555: Cake for sure.

Kringle: Now we're talking. Tounge Alright then, any final comments?

JB555: One think, chocolate cake is the best! You cannot disagree with that. And pizza, you must like it to be sane. Thanks for having me.

Kringle: I fully agree! Thanks for this interview, I've had a great time. Smile

Interviewer: Kris Montresor, Delegate of the South Pacific
Interviewee: Mayano, Resident
Date of the Interview: 22 October 2014

Note: this Resident Spotlight has been edited from its original version. There have been several portions not included in this final version and there have been other edits in terms of grammar and ortography.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Happywide Yay!