We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Editor?

Sooo this place has been quiet for a while. I would be very interested in restarting SPINN as an independent media source with no connection to the government (though the Journal will still have a place in my heart Heart ).

I'm not sure how the SPINN Editor is chosen, or who it even is at the moment (Belschaft maybe?) but just expressing an interest.

Llamas also wanted to restart it.

You two should get together, talk, and have one of you kidnap the other.

Then, come back here, and say you're restarting it alone.

We'll cross further brides together.

In case multiple people want to start newspapers, I should point out that there is nothing preventing anyone from starting their own newspaper.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

SPINN is historically passed down on a right-of-conquest basis more than anything else, with successive editors restarting it when the last one stops producing it.

I am technically still the editor having seized it from... SB I think?... but ended up not being able to maintain it when I went into hospital in August and never picked it back up. I have no issues at all with someone claiming it; SPINN has been passed down from editor to editor for the best part of a decade, and it's one of my favourite TSP traditions.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I think Hile was the previous EiC.

It would be interesting to see SPINN active again, though I hope that won't mean we lose HEM at the Journal. Sad

So sorry to hear you were in the hospital, Bel. I hope you are well, now?
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I'm a lot better than I was, but recovery is a long term thing and I've probably got at least another six months of community treatment before I can think of going back to work.

Thanks for asking Smile
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Sounds serious. I'll be sending some recovery lampshades your way. Smile

Legal Resources:

(12-01-2014, 02:12 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I think Hile was the previous EiC.

It would be interesting to see SPINN active again, though I hope that won't mean we lose HEM at the Journal. Sad

I will always be a contributor at the Journal Heart

* HEM plants flag in SPINN Headquarters.

(12-01-2014, 09:59 AM)HEM Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 02:12 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I think Hile was the previous EiC.

I will always be a contributor at the Journal Heart

* HEM plants flag in SPINN Headquarters
* Llamas plants flag on HEM's flag

* God-Emperor plants flag on Llamas.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific