We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Re: Citizenship application of North East Somerset

Note: This thread should be considered highly classified. Please do not talk about it to anybody outside of the Cabinet.

North East Somerset recently applied for citizenship. This troubles me greatly, as I believe he's an obvious security threat.

I regularly talk to Rachel (Delegate of Balder). During the issues with Euro, she told me that NES was actively working to sabotage TSP foreign affairs and our alliances. She complained frequently that she was trying very hard to prevent his agenda from being carried out. He has worked against TSP every step of the way for months.

Additionally, we have to consider the nasty split between us and TNI. NES is very involved in the UIAF, and is NS's premier intelligence guy. I think we have to take the possibility of the UIAF working against TSP, and attacking TSP, very seriously. NES is no stranger to big military operations, and the military regions he's a part of have zero qualms with attacking GCRs (see: The Rejected Realms). Additionally, there are IRC logs between Milograd and a TNI officer acknowledging NES' endorsement support of Milo during his coup, along with other frank discussion that does not favor NES' trustworthiness. Those logs are located in the first spoiler in this post.

I sincerely believe NES is a great security threat and that his citizenship should not be approved.

This is stuff I need to know before I go about accepting things. It's pretty obvious to everyone that I am strictly TSP. I understand that I need to broaden my horizons and deal more. With outside regions but until that happens I'm going to be relying very heavily on the CSS and y'all to know who are threats and who are not.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

Just so I'm clear, it's right and proper to start granting Milo parole, but this person who supported Milo should be banned from the region?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Just for the sake of accuracy, this is not about banning NES, this is about denying his citizenship application.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Regardless, Milograd hasn't spent the past several months actively trying to sabotage TSP's foreign affairs and destroy alliances.

This isn't about Milograd or how anybody feels about him. It's about the security concerns of NES having citizenship here.

(12-06-2014, 07:35 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Just so I'm clear, it's right and proper to start granting Milo parole, but this person who supported Milo should be banned from the region?

Milograd regrets what he's done. I don't think NES ever regrets anything. Tounge

I would see NES as a major security risk. The subtext of his application is pretty obvious and had me rolling my eyes when I saw it. 

Can some one pease explain to me what the pies all of that means please?
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

I wasn't trying to make this about Milo, but, to be clearer, I want to make sure we have some sort of consistent standard and/or policy, here.

Not to mention, if NES decides to push this, do we have evidence we'd be willing to make public?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

He covers his tracks well - bear in mind, he's the Head of Intelligence in almost every imperialist region in NationStates. It's hard to get clear dirt on him. The biggest dirt on NES publicly is in the "NPO's Retort" which showed him admitting in IRC logs that he controlled Balder and intended to keep control of Lazarus; plus there was recent commentary from Cormac on NES's relationship with Osiris which was quite damning, not to mention that conversation which Rachel had with Glen-Rhodes. I would be wary of pressing the point about Rachel's convo, because Rachel will change her tune if NES is barred from citizenship. NES has too much leverage over Rachel for her to back TSP on this issue.

EDIT: Another difference between Milograd and NES is: Milograd was prosecuted and served time. Neither Mall, nor JAL, nor NES have served time or were prosecuted. Likewise, NES has repeated this behavior, time and time again. He planned several coups of Lazarus and was involved with the coup of TRR in 2012-ish. 

Deny it. If there's a real chance that he'll cause a problem then reject his application.
DMoRA of the CIA
MoA
Officer in the SPSF