We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Table Issues

http://thesouthpacific.x10.mx/thread-1176.html

I don't understand what is wrong with this table, but it's giving me hell.

Please check to make sure the tags are nested correctly.

(12-27-2014, 03:42 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Please check to make sure the tags are nested correctly.

Pretty damn sure they are. 

This would be a lot easier with Zetaboards. There are a lot more tags that have be nestled with MyBB's table BBcode. 

What significance is the number in this tag:

[table=95]

I tried removing the charter amendment article 3.3 line from the table and it looks as it should. Do you have to update the [table=95] tag when adding more to it? The table is normal until you add that last bit which is the same as the others. Maybe it's just too long.

You may have to continue your table in another post.

Figured it out, change [table=95] to 96 and its fixed. Every time you add something, increase the number in the tag by one.

No, that was only a problem with one particular line.

It's this clause..

Code:
[tr][td]■[/td][td]Amendment[/td][td]Charter[/td][td]Article 3.1 - Assembly and Powers of the Assembly[/td][td]3[/td][td]15[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

And it's only a problem when attached to the end. And it's a duplicate of all the other lines - I've checked multiple times. I haven't the foggiest clue why it breaks the table, but none of the other lines breaks the table. But when this line is particular is included in any shape or form, the table starts breaking down.

I've taken the new laws and made a new table with it - they were breaking the table in the old table, they're working perfectly fine in the new table ... proving there was nothing wrong with their code. 

Emphasizing to me just how utterly stupid this BBcode is. >_>  I prefer coding in perl. 

I just tried it myself. Since you just added another assembly vote to it the tag at the beginning is [table=97]

Just quote your first post, change the number in the beginning tag to 97 and add the lines from the new post minus header at the top.

No that is not the problem at all. It's still 95 and changing that number appears to do nothing. I've tried a number of different options. I haven't needed to change that number at all during the course of building the table.

It's only been this particular line - and I exclude that particular line, the table stops breaking. It is something to do with that line, but it doesn't appear to be special at all.

Do I gotta screenshot this thing to prove it to you?

I've just added the offending line to the new table and it works fine there.

We'll leave it like that, because I don't want to have to keep amending the same table anyways. With the site being this f***ing anal, I could destroy a year's worth of effort easily.