We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Unsafe? Error?

Whenever I go to the "edit profile" page, my Norton 360 says that it is unsafe. I continue to the page, ignoring Norton for obvious reasons, I fill in the my intended changes, but I get "Error 503 Service Unavailable" anyways, preventing me from editing my profile.

Solution to fix/get around Error 503?

Uninstall Norton because that AV is basically a virus in itself. -_-

As for the 503 error when trying to edit something, this is a known issue. I'm having trouble tracking down the cause. I have no estimate for when it will be fixed.

Edit: The changes seem to take effect. The only thing the error does is prevent the page from showing after you finalize the changes.

(01-03-2015, 03:30 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Uninstall Norton because that AV is basically a virus in itself. -_-

What do you recommend instead? And if you say MacAffee;

1. Go die in a fire
2. Quit as an admin
3. Seriously, go die in a fire - slowly and painfully
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I'd take GR's advice if he fronted the cash for another AV program Tounge

I use BitDefender. Smile

(01-03-2015, 10:24 PM)Belschaft Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 03:30 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Uninstall Norton because that AV is basically a virus in itself. -_-

What do you recommend instead? And if you say MacAffee;

1. Go die in a fire
2. Quit as an admin
3. Seriously, go die in a fire - slowly and painfully

It's spelled McAfee! Tounge

I use Bullguard, but it's a tad expensive.

I used Avast, and I mean the free one. I wanted to use Avira at the same time to overlap both my protection and my warnings about bad files.

I use the free version of Ad-Aware AV... seems to do the trick for the light browsing/gaming I do
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium