We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Please identify your preferred Regional and Military alignment/identification
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Regional: Defender
4.08%
2 4.08%
Regional: Raider
0%
0 0%
Regional: Independent
16.33%
8 16.33%
Regional: Imperialist
0%
0 0%
Regional: Non-Aligned (independent)
28.57%
14 28.57%
Military: Defender
4.08%
2 4.08%
Military: Raider
0%
0 0%
Military: Independent
14.29%
7 14.29%
Military: Imperialist
2.04%
1 2.04%
Military: Non-Aligned (independent)
30.61%
15 30.61%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Military and Regional Alignment

This is a poll to get an idea of current preferences for military and regional alignments/identifications. As well as the poll itself please provide a ranked list of your preferences using the form bellow. There is no need to rank all options, and please identify those options that you would never support.

There are TWO votes available here. Please use one for a REGIONAL option and one for a MILITARY option.

Quote:
REGIONAL ALIGNMENT
X Raider
X Defender
X Independent
X Imperialist
X Non-Aligned (independent)

MILITARY ALIGNMENT
X Raider
X Defender
X Independent
X Imperialist
X Non-Aligned (independent)
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Non-aligned, both times.

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

Quote:
REGIONAL ALIGNMENT
X Raider
X Defender
1 Independent
X Imperialist
2 Non-Aligned (independent)

MILITARY ALIGNMENT
X Raider
X Defender
1 Independent
X Imperialist
2 Non-Aligned (independent)

Using the word independent as a synonym of non-align makes it confusing, given the additional use of the term Independence.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Can we have clarification as to the difference betwen the two independents?

"Non-aligned" militaries like ours and TEP's function identically to Independent militaries but don't call them such. As such I use the terminology small i and large I independence.

The difference is that one has "political connotations".

Not everyone voting here knows that, or really understands what the difference is.. Hence why it would be better to keep it simple: Independent and Non-aligned, without the small-i one.

And no, our military is not like Independent militaries.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Eh, I would choose Defender or Non-Aligned for our regional position, fwiw. Defender for our military, if we just had to have one.

I would never support TSP being raider or imperialist, and I would leave in a heartbeat if that were to ever happen. If TSP, for some godawful reason, chose to formally re-adopt Independence, I would fight to death to kill it again.

(01-27-2015, 05:30 PM)Belschaft Wrote: "Non-aligned" militaries like ours and TEP's function identically to Independent militaries but don't call them such. As such I use the terminology small i and large I independence.

The difference is that one has "political connotations".

Independent militaries raid, unless there is a very specific reason to defend. It is not the same as what our military is supposed to do, which is raid and defend with regularity.

I choose Defender which is pretty obvious.

It was proven pretty clearly that "Independent" was a false option so I'm not sure why it's there. Then, there's "non-aligned" which, if we have allies at all, is also a false option.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

If someone has better choice of terminology, feel free to suggest it.