We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TSP Arena I: Hunger Games Sign-Ups Thread (Rules for New Game Inside)

Hi all - I'm new to Nationstates, but you guys seem to have a pretty interesting community here at TSP so I'm gonna run a game for you all and see if we can all have some fun!  Admittedly this game is stolen from another site, but I have permission from the person who designed and ran it to run it here.

In Short, 8 people enter the arena. Each turn, you get 1 action: Attack, Defend, Scavenge. You have to gather whatever items you can to make yourself stronger, and kill all of the other opponents and be the last one standing.

Items are limited, so you're competing for resources against your opponents.

Do you have what it takes to be the last man standing?

I am capping this game at 8 players. In true hunger games fashion, there will be a lottery. Everyone who signs up will be put onto a list, and then 8 names will be drawn from that list. Players who are not selected to compete, will become sponsors, and be given 2 credits added to their account to spend as they wish.  Dead players will be given 1 sponsor coin to use as they wish once they enter the Lounge.

You may sign up only to be a sponsor without playing, however you will only be given 1 credit in your account to spend.

Player sign ups will end this Monday, 3/23 at 11:30 AM EST. The game will start at 12:00 PM, at which point I will start a new game thread. Phases will last 24 hours, and be due at 12:00 PM EST every day, except for weekends when phases will last 36 hours. Sponsors may continue to sign-up as long as the game is running.

Current signups:

1) Henn
2) Darkstrait
3) Sam111
4) RandomGuy199
5) Feirmont
6) Doom weapons inc
7) Escade
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

Sponsor Only:

1)
2)
3)
4)

I'm in.

Escade is a girl, and the feminine pronouns and whatnot should be used in place of the current masculine ones.

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

I'm in.
It's kinda funny to imagine all these TSPers going at each other with deadly weapons. Especially Gustave with an M16.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Count me in too.

(03-12-2015, 11:35 PM)Henn Wrote: I'm in.

Escade is a girl, and the feminine pronouns and whatnot should be used in place of the current masculine ones.

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

Ah thanks. Apologies to Escade.

This seems interesting. Count me in.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

I'm in.
#EC4Lyfe

Hmmm I thought this game would be filling up more quickly than it has been. C'mon guys, tell your friends!

The 12-player cap is also a 12-player minimum lol. I will change it to 10 if we have to.

I want to join

Ok - I don't want to leave you guys hanging - so I'll reduce the game size to 8 players. Just two more to go!