We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What are you Learning?

I've recently started learning new skills and trying to improve and expand my knowledge. This thread would be a great place for us to share what we're learning and what resources really excite us and inspire us.

The first step in this was to take the online course, "Learning How to Learn" (https://class.coursera.org/learning-003/) at coursera.org 

It's been a really fascinating course on how our brain works and what strategies help us learn better.  I might post a summary of my notes on here if people are interested. The idea that we shouldn't just learn what we are good at or are passionate about and actually expand was one that I really liked since I've avoided math and science my whole life and always wished I were better at these subjects.

I'm looking through the other course offerings and planning to take something else that catches my eye.

So what are you learning right now?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Science, algebra, German, and other stuff.
Science has been a good topic for me ever since I read a chemistry textbook over the summer and then started looking stuff up on Wikipedia.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Too much Science and Maths for me this year, with some English thrown in on the side.

I probably do need to work on my Italian. I took it for one year, but I'm not anymore. :/
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Hi, all!

I've been bitten by the stock market bug. I took an investment course through a local university, and "BANG" - I'm $20 richer today!

Oh, wait ... (checks portfolio) ... $19 richer ...

Smile

I found that Coursera website as well, so signed up for their Intro to FInance course - which started yesterday, if anyone is interested ...(https://class.coursera.org/introfinance-008/)
"Don't be breaking your shin on a stool that's not in your way."

I'm planning to learn more about economics as I am fascinated by the subject.

I'm not interested in economics. Just not my thing.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

I'm in Software Engineering, albeit so far with very little Software and lots of every Engineering except mine. This term has been Math, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanics, and effectively an introduction to Programming course; so only about two with much use.

I do like my sciences as well though, particularly physics, but more for the knowledge than having to write long tests and reports on it.

I also have an interest in history, probably originating from curiosity about the historical basis of various games I've played. Tounge

I'm in International Trade, just began another semester. The business-centered environment is enjoyable as well as meeting with people from different places.

My Chinese lessons are being delayed for some reason, and I may or not begin German lessons.

"Find a way or make one."

Better known as Bon.

BSc in Computing and IT + Design

You are all part of my coursework Smile