We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Redundant Threads

I was looking at the High Court page and notices that the two 'important' threads are actually in effect empty / out of date. This made my fluffy grey matter start thinking... Do we actually need them in the format they are?

The first one on the High Court while a good idea has place holder text and is out of date as it lists the wrong Justices. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to delete it now and once we have the new court charter approved by the assembly (which we'll need added as a quick link at the top of the page) create a new page. Also, and this is just a personal observation, having Belschaft's (I have to admit amusing but inappropriate in the context of the Court) 'deputy minister for evil' description as the thread creator in the same thread as what the Court does seems a little incongruous!! Perhaps if we delete the existing thread and at a later date recreate it there might be a way for the admins to create an important thread we can edit but isn't actually tied to any of us avoiding embarrassing signatures in future (prolly including my own)?

The second thread about indexing decisions is again in need of updating. I'm wondering if it might be better as an excel sheet like the citizens list rather than a post. This also gets around the 'DM for Evil' thing.

Well that's my thoughts anyway! I'm off to eat pancakes....  Angel

Agreed, as is, both threads are pretty useless. The first especially is just misleading with the justices listed, and pointless for the rest. The index of decisions is good, but not up to date.

I would suggest recreating these may be the best way to go about it.

Yeah, I agree that the High Court intro page needs work. Placeholder text aside, I suppose it'd be better if we had flowcharts and things instead of a wall of text. I'm not opposed to redoing the Index of High Court Decisions either. Maybe we could set up a Google Doc file for this?

Subject to Farengeto's views, it seems we're of a consensus. In terms of the first thread, the MoRA infographic seems a good replacement as it sets out how the Court works in a simple way. How do people feel about linking to that like the citizenship list does as a sub-forum of the High Court?

I've got no objections to Awe's suggestion about google docs unless anyone can think of anything better?

We could that, yes, except we need to ask for help from the admins Tounge

(02-18-2015, 07:30 AM)Awe Wrote: We could that, yes, except we need to ask for help from the admins Tounge

Meh! Details, details! :tounge: This is big picture, blue sky, out-of-the-box thinking here! :wink:

Unless anyone objects or wants to beat me to it, I'll delete the two threads in question tomorrow as they are out of date and serving no purpose.