We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Government Closeup: Escade

***MoRA Government Closeup***

Interview Publication Date: 08 December 2013
Interviewee: Escade
Interviewer: Kris Kringle

Our intervieweee today, Escade, is the current Minister of Regional Affairs of the South Pacific and is the frontrunner candidate for Delegate in the ongoing election. She's one of the most active and dedicated government officials to have served in the last few terms and is specially known for her interviews to residents of the South Pacific as part of the Resident Spotlight programme.
She is being interviewed today because she's the only remaining member of the outgoing Cabinet to not have her own name featured in these halls despite being one of the people who deserve it the most.

1. How did you learn about NationStates? What enticed you to join?

I learned about NationStates from fanfiction.net. I was part of a writing group and someone mentioned it as a fun game. I liked the quiz at the beginning and choosing my nation name and flag. Also, the RMB!

2. How long have you been in the South Pacific? What made you stay?

I've been in NS since April of this year. I forgot my original nation so I made a new one: Escade. My nation ws "born" in TSP during the Milogradian coup and the rest is history.

Like you mentioned in an earlier interview, the coup seems to be a common denominator for quite a few of us. Smile

3. Cake of Pie? Why?

Cake all the way. I mean there are so many flavors, icings, sprinkles, and then there are BABY CAKES (a.k.a. cupcakes) and they are all so scrumptious!

Yes! We have the future Delegate in Team Cake! Happywide

4. Favourite book, movie or game?

My absolute favourite book is the Harry Potter series (Prisoner of Azkaban because Sirius was finally free and I love him). My favorite movie is A Walk to Remember. It's the sweetest love story I've ever seen. My favorite game is probably Uno and video game is probably Dragon Age because I love the characters a lot (and wrote fan fiction about them Tounge)

Maybe we should make our own version of Leakycon here in TSP? Smile

5. What is the significants behind you nation's name?

I first tried to make a nation called Escape but the name wasn't available. Then I looked on my dresser and there was a very pretty perfume bottle called Escada. I guess somehow I melded Escape and Escada into Escade.

6. What will you do on your first day as Delegate?

Surprise the region with a WFE change! If elected, I'll also send my cabinet a lovely letter about my plans and our plan of action. I'll probably post on the RMB and send a mass TG with lots of smileys on it. You know, the usual Tounge

7. What would you tell to new nations that want to get involved in the region?

Please join as a deputy or intern or associate! We need your love (cue Elle Goulding singing). We need your ideas and we are really interested in developing that build up the region. What are you interested in? Make a feature or start an RP or even run a contest. Also, please contact us because we are happy to welcome you into the fold Smile

8. How do you expect to see the South Pacific four months from now?

Beautified! I'm hoping that in four months TSP will be a center for activity and excitement!

Is there anything else you want to add?

Coming soon to the South Pacific and NationStates is the NS World Fair! Check TSP's WFE frequently for updates. The fair's taking place around December 24 - January 1. I hope to see you there!

xoxo, Escade

Thanks for the interview Escade, and good luck in the coming term as our new Delegate! I hope all TSPers enjoyed this interview, and also get inspired into joining our government and serving the region.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System