We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resident Spotlight: Cormac

***Resident Spotlight: Cormac***

Interview Publication Date: 22 December 2013
Interviewee: Cormac
Interviewer: Awe

On Resident Spotlight today, we've the famed Gameplayer, Cormac (who goes by many surnames including Stark, Stark-Holland and Sloane). He was at one point in time, the Delegate of Osiris. Now a citizen of the sunny South Pacific, we've the honour of hearing from the man himself!

1. How did you learn about NationStates? What enticed you to join?

Years before I actually started playing in 2012, I discovered NationStates and probably even created a nation at that time but I couldn't remember the name of that nation if my life depended on it. Essentially, I was bored one day in 2012 and looking for things to do on the internet when I remembered that I had found a nation simulator game a few years back. I typed "nation simulator" or something like that into Google, found NationStates, and the rest is history. Ironically, what enticed me to join was the idea of simulating a nation and RPing as a nation -- though that isn't at all how my gameplay has turned out.

2. How long have you been in the South Pacific?

I've only been a citizen for a few days. I've been registered on the forum since sometime in early- to mid-2012 though, if I recall correctly, for diplomatic purposes, and was briefly a citizen in 2012. Unfortunately, I had overextended myself with involvement in too many regions at that time and wasn't active here. I was later involved as a defender in the effort to liberate The South Pacific during Milograd's coup.

3. Any interests outside of NationStates?

I'm a huge fan and collector of horror movies. I also listen to and buy a lot of music, and country music is my favorite genre -- I would like to learn to play guitar but have never gotten around to it. I used to be a political blogger and though I've since gotten burnt out on blogging I'm still a political junkie.

4. What is the meaning behind your name?

When I first started playing NationStates, my original interest was the WA General Assembly. I fairly quickly became the Deputy Prime Minister and WA Delegate of Exshaw, and if it hadn't been for the resignation of the Prime Minister at that time and getting plunged into gameplay relatively against my will I probably would have ended up focusing on GA authorship rather than gameplay. Anyway, Cormac ó Coileáin was the name of my RP persona in the GA, the Minister of Foreign Affairs for my main nation at the time (United Celts). The surname didn't stick because I was later adopted by a gameplay family, but Cormac stuck.

5. If you had won an election here, what would you have done?

I suppose it would depend on the office, but in general I would have tried to work cooperatively with other elected officials and with the Assembly. Boring answer, right? I think people will probably expect me to say I would coup. Tounge

[WARNING: Potential coupers will be stamped, slammed, slapped and lastly given a double Whammy] Courtesy of Wham

6. Cake or Pie? Why?

Pie. I like fruit pies, I think they have more flavor than cake or other pies. I hate meringue though.

[WARNING: Pies are ILLEGAL in TSP. Likers of pie will be prosecuted, provocated and summarily executed]

7. Favourite book, movie or game?

My favorite books are the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. My favorite movie is A Nightmare on Elm Street (the original, which is a classic, though the remake was also very well done). The only video game I really play is Guitar Hero, assuming you meant video games. As far as social games I love Cards Against Humanity.

[WARNING: Advocating things against humanity is frowned upon, and anyone professing anything against humanity will be next in line for Craziest in TSP]

8. What do you aspire to see in this region?

I would like to see The South Pacific become a little less moderate in regard to its external outlook, to take some (healthy) risks and be more of a major player in NationStates -- which is actually what I would like to see happen in all Feeders and Sinkers. I'm not really here to pursue that or any other agenda though; I decided to get involved here because I started getting to know people in the community here more than I did previously and I get along well with most. Which as people who know me are aware is not always the case elsewhere. Tounge

9. Anything else you’d like to add?

Nope. I probably babbled enough as it is!

[WARNING: Apple's new edition of the Mac, the Cor Mac will be released on April 1st, 2014]
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System