We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Future

In terms of the upcoming judicial elections, I've been giving the matter a lot of thought and I won't be standing. I'm frankly sick and tired of the constant sniping. The response to Awe's recent appeal ruling was just too much for me.

I remain happy to be called upon after the new court is elected if you ever need another justice for a one off.

Until then though I intend to play an active roll as a Justice until my term completes and I will obviously be loudly cheering the rest of you on during the election. I also want to spend the next week or so completing the final objective I set during my election which was to sort out proposals for the mock court.

EDITED: I'm in a better mood and place now, so some of my initial anger has been edited out.

I'm sad to see this Hop, but I am not going to try to change your mind. The two people you mentioned are strong personalities who will no longer be in cabinet after this term, so they probably just want to make sure they still get their opinions heard. Unfortunately you can't expect universal satisfaction and as a Justice, there will be times you annoy people with decisions, it is part of the job unfortunately and it is a Justice's job to often make tough decisions.

Thanks for your service. I do think you are great in this role, as I said previously, but I respect whatever you decide to do regarding re-elections.