We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Copy Permissions / Number of Usegroups

Can we reduce the number of usergroups?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

If it's a child forum I think we can. Otherwise, I'm not really sure of the procedure.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I've been having some thoughts about cutting down on the amount of custom user groups we have right now. I'm not saying this is how we should do it, but what do you guys think about something like the list below?
  1. Delegate
  2. Vice Delegate
  3. Senior Cabinet (Chair, Regional Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Army)
  4. Junior Cabinet (Deputy Chair, Deputy Ministers, gives access to Cabinet Office)
  5. Cultural Fellowship (gives access to MoRA Private Office)
  6. Foreign Affairs Fellowship (gives access to MoFA Private Office)
  7. Special Forces
  8. High Court
  9. Appellate Court
  10. Committee for State Security
  11. SPINN
  12. Citizens
  13. Foreign Guest
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Yes and yes. I think we def. need to cut down the numbers of permissions here.

I just looked over the forums and we have the ability to password protect forums and give moderation permissions for forums to individuals. As such, what do we think about going down to something like this:

1. Delegate/VD (There isn't really a difference in allowances, is there?)
2. Senior Cabinet
3. Junior Cabinet (Deputy chairs and the like; but if we password protected the Situation Room, we wouldn't need to differentiate.)
-- Password MoRA offices
-- Password MoFA offices
4. Special Forces (This, too, could be passworded, if we wished)
5. High Court (Could be passworded/moderated)
6. Appellate Court (Could be passworded/moderated)
-- Password CSS forums
-- Password SPINN offices, give the staff moderator permissions in the forums
7. Citizens
8. Foreign Guests

Along with "validating," "guests," "registered" and "banned," this would put us more in the area of 12 (potentially under 10 if we really wished). I mean, if we have to go in an change all these masked after elections, it's just as easy to change passwords and/or moderators. Then, we save ourselves time later.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I was trying to avoid passworded forums because people could just leak the password, but if you guys think it's fine, then I'm all for it.

Legal Resources:

I mean ... I'm for password if they help us cut down on forum maskings. The more forum maskings we have, the more we run the risk of something fucking up and/or getting masked incorrectly.

If we're concerned about security, maybe the way to go would be to keep maskings for like ... CSS and SPSF? The MoRA/MoFA stuff should be fine if we mask it for Cabinet and then password. Same with the Situation Room.

We can also let the head's of the departments -- GR, PH, Kris for the cabinet -- pick the passwords and then they can be changed when needed.

Finally, not be this guy, but if we're all on board, it'll probably be a good idea to announce it. Not get into a debate over what is/isn't happening, but rather say "Things are changing, watch X, Y and Z." (I'm also fine doing this once we agree on a course of action.)
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

That sounds good to me. In the case of MoRA we do need to set the mask for citizens, before passwording, because Henn and I want to expand the MoRA staff without necessarily hiring deputies.

Legal Resources:

Cool. Well -- let's make sure GR is on board with this and we can finalize a list of maskings and then make a list of forums permissions.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'm cool with it.

Awesome then ... how's this?

Quote:Maskings:

1. Delegate/VD (There isn't really a difference in allowances, is there?)
2. Cabinet level
3. Junior Cabinet (Deputy chairs and the like; but if we password protected the Situation Room, we wouldn't need to differentiate.)
-- Password MoRA offices
-- Password MoFA offices
4. Special Forces
-- Password High Court (Could be passworded/moderated)
-- Password Appellate Court (Could be passworded/moderated)
5. CSS
-- Password SPINN offices, give the staff moderator permissions in the forums
6. Citizens
7. Foreign Guests
8. Banned
9. Validating
10. Guests

And then...

Quote:Forums
South Pacific International Airport: (View All, except banned; Post all, except guest)
- Welcoming Center
-- Registration Center
- Lampshade Bar & Grille
-- Hall of Spam
-- South Pacific University (Moderated by the Dean)
- Treasure Island
-- Bureau of Cartography (Moderated by B&N)
-- Mafia Headquarters
-- Market Street (Moderated by Mayor)
-- Archive
- Operation Center
-- Moderation Center (Do we need this? If so: Citizens and up)
-- Moderation Back Office (Only Mods/Admin)
-- Admin Back Office (Only Admin)

Downtown South Pacific: (View All, except banned; Post all, except guest)
- NS Discussion Center
-- SPINN (Moderated by SPINN Staff)
-- TRT (Moderated by TRT Staff)
- Civic and Polticial Organizations
- Embassy Central (Moderated by MoFA?)

Fudgetopia Hall of Government: (View All, except banned; Post all, except guest)
- Assembly of TSP (Moderated by CoA; Post by Citizens and up)
-- Private Halls of the Assembly (View/Post by Citizens and up)
-- Private Hall Archive (View by Citizen)
- Government House (Moderated by Cabinet; View/Post by Citizens and up)
-- The Cabinet Office (Only Cabinet and up)
--- The Situation Room (Password Protected for Senior Cabinet; set by Delegate)
-- Delegate Dairies (Moderated by Delegate)
-- World Assembly Center (Moderated by WA Adviser)
--- General Assembly
--- Security Council
--- WA Rankings
-- Government House Archives (Moderated by Cabinet)
- MoFA (Moderated by MoFA)
-- Diplomatic Documents
-- Archive
-- Private Office (Password Protected for junior MoFA members; set by MoFA)
- MoRA (Moderated by MoRA)
-- CIA
--- Resident Spotlight Halls
-- PDA
-- Private Office (Password Protected for junior MoRA members; set by MoRA)
-- Planning Office (Who should this be for?)
- Judicial District (Moderated by Justices)
-- High Court (Moderated by High Court Justices)
--- Private Office (Password Protected by Chief Justice)
-- Appellate Court (Moderated by HEM)
--- Private Office (Is this needed? There is only one court member ...)

Security Center
- CSS (Only CSS and Delegate; Moderated by VD)
-- SAC (Is this needed?)
-- Lubyanka (Only CSS/VD; can we change this name?)
- SPSF (Moderated by MoA; only SPSF)
-- Boot Camp
-- Chow Hall
-- Battlefield
-- IRC Channel

Archives (View All, except banned; No Posting)
- Celebration Pavilion
- Forum Move
- Elections
- Assembly of TSP

Elections (View All, except banned; Post all, except guest)

Anything I missed? Is might also be a good time to chop unneeded forums (see: Appellate Court Private Office and SAC have never been used).
-tsunamy
[forum admin]