We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint: Vexatious Charges

If it may please the Court,

On 08MAR2015, Unibot accused me of the crimes of Treason, Identity fraud, Espionage, Organised crime and Electoral Fraud. His supposed evidence came from a declared Persona Non Grata in Lone Wolves United, the DoS Player, Forum Destroyer, and convicted criminal known as Frak and the nature of the charges stemmed back nearly four years to August 26, 2011.

The very next day, the High Court, by a unanimous decision, threw out all the charges Unibot had filed on the grounds of lack of sufficient evidence. It is very unusual for such charges to be thrown out in such a short amount of time, especially given the serious and grievous nature of the charges being filed.

Unibot had several opportunities to withdraw his allegations, especially when presented with strong evidence that his "photographic proof" was based upon misleading screenshots and that he was fed a false story in connection with said screenshot. Instead, Unibot doubled down, inisting that the proof that contradicted his claims only further proved them correct.

I believe these charges lacked merit and were frivolous in nature, as proven by how quickly the charges were dismissed and the reason for dismissal. Additionally, I believe the large number of charges, which were never broken down or given an individual explanation detailing how each charge related to the allegations of misconduct, count as burdensome to my character, my Defense, and to the High Court.

Furthermore, I believe that Unibot knew that Frak was only giving this "evidence" with the intent to be used as blackmail or as a sort of weapon at a later date, as evidenced by by Unibot's own logs, cited in the thread where he charges me. I attest that this proved Unibot knew the charges were frivolous when he filed them. For example:

[23:47] <Aeazer> but i want this put out here to silence Evil wolf and those on your right flank
06[23:49] * Unibot nods

I also believe that he knew Frak's evidence lacked merit, as evidenced here:

01[00:08] <Unibot> Alright
01[00:08] <Unibot> Any pics with EW
01[00:08] <Unibot> ?
[00:09] <Aeazer> rather than doing it all at once keep some in reserve so we have something if he comes back
[00:09] <Aeazer> the problem was it was designed so that he would never ever be compromised, Evil Wolf was the highest asset of LWU
[00:09] <Aeazer> he never posted in those threads

As such, I propose that the charge of "Vexatious Charges" be pursued against Unibot for the above stated reasons, under Article 5, Section 1 of The Code of Laws of The Coalition of The South Pacific, which reads:

Quote:9. Vexatious Charges shall be defined as the filing of criminal charges against another player despite the filing party's knowledge that that said charges were meritless, frivolous, repetitive, and/or burdensome.

Due to the ongoing Justice elections and the high volume of Legal Questions currently before the Court, I am more than willing to be patient in awaiting a response from the Court.

I thank the High Court for their time and their labor.

Amazing how you've managed to create a vexatious charge about a supposedly vexatious charge.

I dispute your understanding of events; I became aware that you had helped Frak in 2011, in 2014 - Frak didn't explain that he had had a falling out with you, until long after that initial conversation. I approached the cabinet immediately as I had heard evidence that EW and LWU had worked with Frak - this information was treated as a novelty by the cabinet because you were not a citizen, nor did TSP have relations with LWU anymore, so for our purposes at the time, it didn't make much sense to bother going public with the information.

When I saw you had joined as a citizen, I went to the courts with the information I had acquired; vexatious litigation requires vexatious intent and, on the contrary, I do believe that the crimes that you committed against The South Pacific were grave and substantial and I was shocked that the High Court would throw out the charges.

As for Frak's reference to the lack of evidence against you; he had warned me that it would be difficult to prosecute you because you had done such a good job protecting you... that doesn't mean you weren't guilty and that doesn't mean that I deeply believed you should have been convicted and that the evidence I could provide would be enough to secure a conviction.

And on a final note, it's absolutely pathetic to see you using our court as a bludgeon against anyone who tries to convict you for crimes you've committed against The South Pacific - really if anything, you've only reinforced my personal belief that your conviction would bring justice to the coalition. 

(04-04-2015, 01:45 PM)Unibot Wrote: Amazing how you've managed to create a vexatious charge about a supposedly vexatious charge.

Maybe you can bring me up on charges for Vexatious Charges for bringing you up on charges for Vexatious Charges?

(04-04-2015, 01:45 PM)Unibot Wrote: I dispute your understanding of events; I became aware that you had helped Frak in 2011, in 2014 - Frak didn't explain that he had had a falling out with you, until long after that initial conversation.

Considering Unibot had this conversation with Frak three months after Frak destroyed my forum and after Unibot's own news paper, The Rejected Times, published an article entitled "Frak Destroys LWU Forum" a story that Unibot personally commented on, I do believe Unibot is lying to us all.

I'm not entirely sure why Unibot feels the need to lie, but I do find it interesting that he is.

(04-04-2015, 01:45 PM)Unibot Wrote: As for Frak's reference to the lack of evidence against you; he had warned me that it would be difficult to prosecute you because you had done such a good job protecting you... that doesn't mean you weren't guilty and that doesn't mean that I deeply believed you should have been convicted and that the evidence I could provide would be enough to secure a conviction.

I don't think there is a single court system the world, much less Nationstates, where a lack of evidence constitutes proof that a crime has been committed.

That logic, in and of itself, is meritless. Hence the Vexatious Charges.

(04-04-2015, 01:45 PM)Unibot Wrote: And on a final note, it's absolutely pathetic to see you using our court as a bludgeon against anyone who tries to convict you for crimes you've committed against The South Pacific - really if anything, you've only reinforced my personal belief that your conviction would bring justice to the coalition.

There was no crime committed by LWU against TSP. Frak lied about LWU's involvement in his plots, lied about what his plot was, and lied about my involvement in said made up plot. This has already been proven by my release of the LWU thread that he got one of his images from.

Unibot's information was based upon a lie told by a disgruntled ex-LWU member who had already destroyed our forums by the time Unibot had the conversation with him. The "proof" is based upon false evidence, misleading screenshots, and a completely fabricated story. Furthermore, Unibot's own logs suggest he wasn't interested in finding proof of a crime but rather any bit of dirt he could use to try and throw at me on a later date.

These false charges that Unibot tried to have me convicted of are the very thing that the "Vexatious Charges" law was created for.

Quote:Considering Unibot had this conversation with Frak three months after Frak destroyed my forum and after Unibot's own news paper, The Rejected Times, published an article entitled "Frak Destroys LWU Forum" a story that Unibot personally commented on, I do believe Unibot is lying to us all.

I was not aware the forum destruction occurred because of a personal fallout.

Quote:I don't think there is a single court system the world, much less Nationstates, where a lack of evidence constitutes proof that a crime has been committed.

That logic, in and of itself, is meritless. Hence the Vexatious Charges.

A rejected court case =/= vexatious litigation. The court opined that the case was too old, not that my evidence lacked total merit.

Quote:There was no crime committed by LWU against TSP. Frak lied about LWU's involvement in his plots, lied about what his plot was, and lied about my involvement in said made up plot. This has already been proven by my release of the LWU thread that he got one of his images from.

Why would you provide counter-evidence to an allegation you consider absolutely unmeritable? As I stated in that thread, the counter-evidence you provided did not provide the 'gaping' you were arguing it provided. On the contrary, it only confirmed that the thread did in fact exist.

Your counter-evidence thus far has consisted of calling Frak a liar and continuing to refer to him as a forum destroyer; he may very well be a forum destroyer, but he was also a forum destroyer working with the Lone Wolves United... trusted to the point that you made him an admin.

(04-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Unibot Wrote: I was not aware the forum destruction occurred because of a personal fallout.

Really? Unibot thought that maybe the guy who destroyed LWU's forums would be totally honest about LWU and not have any grudges or bones to pick? Unibot isn't stupid, and yet he wants to convince us all that he was totally clueless as to why Frak might be providing Unibot this fabrication?

(04-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Unibot Wrote: A rejected court case =/= vexatious litigation. The court opined that the case was too old, not that my evidence lacked total merit.

Actually, Unibot's wrong. I'm directly quoting the Court when they said, "it is in the opinion of the Court that there is insufficient evidence for a trial and has chosen to dismiss this case on the grounds of lack of sufficient evidence as required."

Only after that did they add "the Court sees little merit in revisiting an incident that originally occurred 4 years ago, in 2011." And they did point out the lack of merit, I might say.

(04-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Unibot Wrote: On the contrary, it only confirmed that the thread did in fact exist.

No, it only proved a thread existed. Even a casual glance at the thread reveals that Frak was lying about the nature of the so called "plot". Frak did have plots, mind you, but LWU did not entertain them and that thread doesn't show the "Evil Wolf gave TSP info to form a coup or something" plot that Unibot is alleging.

All it shows is Frak proposing some sort of society/political group which, and I may be a little fuzzy with my TSP history from 2011, I don't think "The South Pacific Society" was ever a thing.

It's pretty clear that Frak is lying. Trying to use an actual thread that he himself created to make his lie more believable, but lying none-the-less. His topic was regarding TSP, yes, but just read the thread and anyone can see it's not about what he and Unibot say it was about.

(04-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Unibot Wrote: Your counter-evidence thus far has consisted of calling Frak a liar and continuing to refer to him as a forum destroyer; he may very well be a forum destroyer, but he was also a forum destroyer working with the Lone Wolves United... trusted to the point that you made him an admin.

Yes, I did make him an Admin...in 2014. And let's not even get into the fact the forum he destroyed was LWU's. That's the act that earns him the monicker "forum destroyer" but a very nice use of deceptive wordplay, Unibot.

Just because I made him an admin in 2014 doesn't mean I trusted him in 2011. In fact, I don't recall the specifics of the LWU-TSP information hand off, but I'm pretty sure we either threw Frak under the bus, or we didn't know LSD was Frak.

I believe we knew he was Anur-Sanur, because that's how he first introduced himself to us, and then later as LSD, but did not know he was Frak until years later.

I might be mistaken, because all this happened nearly half a decade ago, but that's what I recall. Frak withheld information about his independent operations, even from us, for years.

EDIT: So I looked through my records, and I found a log between Frak and myself dating back to 21MAY2012. This is a partial excerpt:

onmyowntripitsfast@live.com said (9:29 PM):
Well yeah...even though Frak talked a lot of shit about the UDL
and you ratted out Frak cause you didn't know it was me at the time
which would really confuse people
they'd either think we are genius or retarded

I as gesture of goodwill, I propose the following offer:

I am willing to drop my case against Unibot if he acknowledges that his accusations against me were based upon false and fabricated evidence, that I am innocent of all accusations based upon that evidence, and issues me an apology for charging me based upon that false evidence.

All I wish is to clear my name and have it acknowledged that I wasn't plotting any harm against The South Pacific. These charges are not a personal war against Unibot and I hope that he accepts my offer so we can all put this behind us without any further legal action.

The court has chosen to dismiss this case due to insufficient evidence. This case will remain open for 72 hours to allow the submission of any further evidence.

(04-09-2015, 04:03 PM)Farengeto Wrote: The court has chosen to dismiss this case due to insufficient evidence. This case will remain open for 72 hours to allow the submission of any further evidence.

If it pleases the Court, I would like to know what, specifically, was lacking in evidence?

The evidence for it being vexatious was found to be tenuous and virtually impossible to prove.

As in that vexatious charges are virtually impossible to prove or that this case is virtually impossible to prove?

Also, why didn't this dismissal get the official seal, as others have in the past?

This dismissal seems rushed and poorly formed, not even getting an official Majority Opinion, as is standard for the High Court. In fact, by failing to cite a Majority Opinion, the High Court appears to be in violation of their own Rules and Procedures regarding Verdicts.