We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A Former Admin's Perspective

Speaking from my experience as a TSP admin, I really think you all should consider this:
  • Return to Zetaboards - The features of independent hosting aren't worth the trouble. Don't say "one more try", it hasn't worked.
  • Root Admin account shared by Tsunamy, Southern Bellz, and maybe Fudgetopia or someone - accessibility and hands-off-ness should be your #1 priority in looking for a root.
  • Retain the current administrative team, obviously.
TSP works best when ROOT is impartial, accessible, and (no offense to SB) not really too involved in daily proceedings. Otherwise, I know Tsu is delegate right now, but I think he can be trusted with it and he won't be delegate forever.

I disagree with most of this probably because I was delegate when we transitioned forums and know a lot of the drama that went on then. Also I had a front row seat to why some people were taken of administration in the first place when we had several admins.

Either we divorce administration and politics completely or we leave things as they are because in actuality they have been working excellently.

If administration wanted to add someone I would suggest someone who isn't politicized such as Brutland & Norden at all, but also does check in regularly because of the TSP map related things.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Plus we'd lose literally all of our data.

Plus Zetaboards kinda sucks.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

why not just transition to a proper paid host? most are fairly cheap and the uptime issues with x10 would be essentially moot.
Axis of Evil on EsperNET.