We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint: Belschaft

HCCC105
- 11.04.15 -

Complainant
Quietdad

Defendants
Belschaft
Presiding Justices
Awe, Farengeto, Hopolis

Tired of having THIS hanging around unresolved, I submit that as evidence and hereby charge Belschaft with treasonn

Majority Opinion
Awe, Farengeto, Hopolis

Given that the link provided by the Complainant to have no concrete evidence and only involve discussions vilifying the Accused, the Court has chosen to dismiss this criminal complaint due to lack of evidence. This case will remain open for 72 hours to allow the submission of further evidence.

The Court wishes to make it clear that a dismissal should not be treated as absolute proof of non-guilt and only indicates a current lack of provided evidence to prove guilt.

Discussion on the matter of the parallel case by Escade will begin tomorrow following the start of the new Judicial term.

I think 'Given that the link provided by the Complainant to have no concrete evidence and only involve discussions vilifying the Accused, the Court has chosen to dismiss this criminal complaint due to lack of evidence. This case will remain open for 72 hours to allow the submission of further evidence.' would be better.

Should we also state that a dismissal doesn't qualify as being guilty or not guilty, since I've already been asked that.

Sounds fine, though I suggest you post a draft here first

I'd echo Awe's comments.

I've updated this. I'll post it before the maskings change if the no one objects to it.

I'm happy with it.

I think we need to step in here and order access to the evidence to be given to Bel. He can't defend himself or answer to the charges Escade has proposed without seeing those threads.

In the interests of not giving citizenship access to a known Security Threat, I think it would be wise to ask of more effort on the part of Escade in organizing the necessary evidence from each link into a single post so Belschaft can view them and respond.

Or have those threads moved to a special forum if admins would agree.