We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A Public Apology to The South Pacific

As Milograd alluded to in his retirement post, I had a hand to play in the coup that took place in your region two years ago. I was active using the puppet Ofly, perhaps the most vitriolic and controversial propaganda weaver among TSPSR's ranks. I was not behind the banjection button, and I did not know of the coup until it happened, but I was as high up within the group as one could be without doing so.

For that I am sorry.

Sometime in the near future I plan to create a post on my full history, but I can provide an explanation here.

At the time, I essentially knew nothing of gameplay. I had done a bit in the UDL over a month, but it had been some time since then. I was first and foremost a roleplayer, using my main United Gordonopia (I consider it a 'dual main' now, since I have probably put much more effort into Kazmr over the last couple years). So, when I saw an opportunity to spin out some great writing, I didn't think of how it might hurt people I didn't even know. GPer and RPer animosity runs deep, and those times were one of the ugliest expressions of that fact.

Several months after the delegacy fell and I had once again turned my mind off of gameplay, Milograd let me know that sometime in the future there could be something similar in Lazarus; a second communist state that is, where I could put my propaganda to use. I decided to get in on the ground floor, joining as Kazmr and covering my past.

Over time, though, I realized something had changed. Instead of simply having fun with using the region, I fell in love with the community of Lazarus, both new and old. I poured so much time into Lazarus that it became my home, and so when, a year and a half later, Milograd orchestrated a plan to destroy it, I couldn't stand by.

I now understand what I put you guys through, and I have to say that playing the part in the NLO, even if I and a handful of others knew that it was the best chance to return the region to its natives, was incredibly emotionally draining. When my ruse became apparent and the WFE went live, I think Milograd said it best in the command skype chat. "Kazmr got emotionally attached. We're heartless."

I apologize for my lie these past couple years. At first, I didn't want to tell the truth of my identity in order to further our goals. Then it became a desire to not hurt my region. But in recent times it was because I realized that everything I have come to believe in Lazarus is entirely at odds with who I was as Ofly. On the eve of the liberation last night, several people knew. Former chairman of Lazarus were all aware, including Funkadelia, but I also made sure to inform those working closely with me to restore our region knew my past if they wanted to put me into the delegacy. I had planned to finally announce all of this myself sometime soon, but I suppose the cat is out of the bag anyway.

If you wish to ban me from the forum, put me on trial, or anything else, I will not in any way object. I just want to say, one last time, that I'm sorry.
Ambassador of the Republic of Lazarus
General of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Former Chairman of the PRL

I felt that apologue it touched me however you still did something terrible so I can't forgive you.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Speaking just for myself, apology accepted. It's much more difficult and rewarding to build something than tear something down.

You have a lot of work to do, and I hope you can take lessons you learned and build the greatest version of Lazarus yet. From what I've seen of your comments here and on the NS forums, Laz is in good hands.

Good luck.
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

First: you are United Gordonopia?

Second: I appreciate this apology and think this has helped you understand how destructive coups and other malicious takeovers can be to regional communities. If that constructive mindset is the one you intend to keep, I believe Lazarus will thrive.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I accept your apology, Kazmr. I hope you learned your lesson. Smile

The past is in the past. Let's move on with the present, or our grudges will hold us back.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

A well worded and sincere apology. I was aware that Offly=Kazmr, though I didn't know you're RPer identity.

The fact that so many of the people Milograd recruited for the SPSR from the RP sections of the forums were genuinely ignorant of GP, aside from some minor and entirely negative experience of being raided, and had no real experience of the kind of regional community they were helping him and the NPO destroy was a significant factor in the decision to issue the general amnesty after the coup was ended.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

You guys accept it?
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Yes. Kazmr really had no idea what he was doing back then, and was treating it largely as an RP exercise in creative writing. It's only since then that, in Lazarus, he's experienced a GP community and realized how much time we invest in building them. I have no doubt that he would not have supported the SPSR where it formed today.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(04-22-2015, 05:05 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: First: you are United Gordonopia?

Second: I appreciate this apology and think this has helped you understand how destructive coups and other malicious takeovers can be to regional communities. If that constructive mindset is the one you intend to keep, I believe Lazarus will thrive.

Yes, indeed I am.

And it certainly has, though I must admit that I have been considering making it public for awhile (and making an apology such as this). This kind of tipped my mind over the edge in that regard.
Ambassador of the Republic of Lazarus
General of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Former Chairman of the PRL

Oh Punchwood, don't be such a grump.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."