We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Statement on the Vice Delegate

Hi all,

I know I've been a bit cagey with regard to Pen and Pen's status as of late and I apologize for not being able to post this sooner. However, as I mentioned in one of the Assembly threads, the way we position the delegate and vice delegate make for some awkward situations. Moreover, since Pen has been integral to my governance, I wanted to discuss with her and give her time to post, if she was able.

At the time of the first proposal of a recall, we were still hopeful that Pen's real life demands would ease and she would be able to dedicate more time to the region. However, since then, she realized that she didn't know when she would be able to dedicate the time needed to stay on as vice delegate.

However, Pen's goal was to make the transition as easy as possible. She wanted to stay on until we were able to work out a replacement. While a replacement has been found, Pen has since been unable to access the forums to properly post her resignation.

Pen asked to pass along both her apologies and her gratitude. First, she apologies that she was unable to fulfill the duties you all elected her to do, but is grateful for the opportunity to serve and the concern everyone has shown for her and her well being. She also understands that measures need to be taken and would support a recall vote as needed.

While I have already done so privately, I'd publicly like to thank Pen for all of her work. I can honestly say that I'm not sure I would've managed a full term as delegate, let alone a second, if it wasn't for her.

With that, I'd ask us to support Punchwood's proposed recall. Once the recall vote is held, I'll introduce our next vice delegate to the Assembly in accordance with the Charter.

Thanks everyone for your understanding and support. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Best,
-tsu
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Tsunamy, you mean.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

This is very unfortunate to hear. Best of luck to Pen in RL and thanks for her service in TSP.

~ Tomb
Loyal Citizen of The South Pacific
Captain, The North Pacific Army

Former positions - TNP:
Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Election Commissioner, Deputy Minister of Communications, Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of WA Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Communications, and Former Delegate of The North Pacific.

At the end of the day, this is just a game to pass the time. So I hope Penguin doesn't feel too bad about not having the time for it!