We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resident Spotlight: Sam111 (SJS Republic)

Sam111, also known as SJS Republic on the RMB, is an active member of TSP and currently Vice-Delegate. This interview took place on April 18th, 2015.

Feirmont: Hi Sam! Please take a seat! Would you like something to drink before we start?

Sam111: I wouldn't mind a SPIT please

Feirmont whips up a couple of glases of SPIT and hands one out to Sam111

Sam111: Thank you

Feirmont: It's my pleasure! If you're ready, we can begin.

Sam111 fidgets nervously in his seat

Sam111: Alright let's rock

Feirmont: Let's start with some easy questions. When did you first start playing NationStates, and how did you find out about it?

Sam111: I first started on the 25/7/2014 when I saw a friend of mine playing it at school and thought it sounded cool.

Feirmont: What was your initial reaction to NS, and what makes you continue to play to this day?

Sam111: At first I was overwhelmed by everything but now I see that there are plenty of good people here and plenty of fun to be had

Feirmont: What drove you to join the offsite forum?

Sam111: One day I just decided I may as well check out what I've heard so much about

Feirmont: How has your experience been thus far?

Sam111: I've enjoyed almost every moment of it. Plenty of fun and games as well as being able to have a say in the goings on of the region; and that's not to mention how much I've enjoyed my team with the MoRA and the fellowship programme.

Feirmont: Let's talk politics. You are at the time of this interview running for a Local Council position. What are your thoughts on the Local Council?

Sam111: I think that it's an excellent initiative that will be able to go a long way towards alleviating some of the issues that surround having people on the RMB getting a say in the running of the region

Feirmont: Would you ever consider running for a Cabinet position?

Sam111: Yes

Feirmont: Which one?

Sam111: MoRA

Feirmont: >_>

Sam111: So watch your step Feir

Feirmont writes a quick note on his notepad

Sam111: I've got you in my sights Tounge

Sam111: I'd also be interested in Delegate or Vice Delegate in future too

Feirmont: The future of TSP is SJS Republic? Oh dear... Wink

Sam111: If the region wills it to be then yes it will be; but I've got some chance considering they voted for you Wink

Feirmont: Speaking of Delegates, if there were to be an election today; who do you believe would be delegate?

Kringle: *cough*Kringle*cough*

Sam111: Tsu would probably keep his seat, but I could see you or Kringle challenging and if that was the case good luck deciding on who to vote for.

Feirmont: If it would please the camera man to stay silent in the interview >_> or drastic measures will be taken... with this duct tape Happywide

Kringle turns the camera to face Feirmont

Feirmont: Haha thanks for the vote of confidence Sam Tounge

Feirmont: Let's move on to some harder questions.

Sam111: This doesn't sound promising Happywide Ok I admit it, I did it...Happy now?

Feirmont: Who is your favorite person in TSP; and your least favorite?

Sam111: You weren't lying about these being harder questions, where you?

Feirmont: I never lie *innocent*

Sam111: I could easily say several names as my favourite. Almost everyone is really nice and helpful. But considering what we're currently doing I'd have to say you Feirmont

Feirmont: And least favorite?

Kringle: *cough* Feirmont *cough*

Sam111: I value my life. But considering the fact that you live on the other side of the world to me and your unhealthy obsession with banning me I'd have to say you, Feirmont Tounge

Feirmont gets the Duct tape

Feirmont: What do you do when you're not on NationStates?

Sam111: I'm pretty busy with school and I'm also a really big sports fan and I love music too

Feirmont: What's your favorite of the two?

Sam111: This is a very hard question. But luckily I had to answer it the other day too. Music. But I'd really struggle without either.

Feirmont: What's your favorite genre of music? And what's your favorite sport?

Sam111: My favourite genre is rock, mainly classic rock. I really like bands like Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil , The Who and many many more Smile

Sam111:  My favourite sport would be Aussie Rules Football, one which very few people would know Tounge

Feirmont: I think you might be surprised, given the diversity of TSP Smile

Sam111: It's pretty much only known to Australians, unfortunately. I like cricket and horse racing too.

Feirmont: We're down to the last, and possibly hardest questions, of them all

Sam111: Uh oh

Feirmont: What's your favorite kind of lampshade?

Sam111: One of those old fashioned ones

Feirmont: Details!

Sam111: Ok so let's say a greenish brown background with patterns and then sloping out to the end with with little *insert proper word here* things hanging off; those little ribbony things.

Feirmont: Tassels?

Sam111: Yes!

Feirmont: Although I (unfortunately) already know the answer: cake or pie?

Sam111: I like the winner of the tug of war between the two which luckily happened to be cake! Having said that though pie is nice too, just cake is better.

Feirmont: You were relentless Tounge

Sam111: You needed to be relentless

Feirmont: If TSP and TEP got together for a picnic, but forgot to invite TNP, who then went to the movies with TWP and Spiritus; where would that leave TSP's cultural stance?

Sam111: At the picnic?

Feirmont: In general

Sam111: Making sure it remembers to invite Spiritus and TNP to next weekend's barbeque?

Feirmont nods

Feirmont: You may have what it takes to be MoRA yet Tounge

Feirmont: Last, but not least, any questions for me?

Sam111: Why pie?

Feirmont: You can't beat a warm, fruity center; or lemon meringue.

Sam111: I love lemon meringue, but you seem to really, really love pancakes

Feirmont: I sure do!

Sam111: They are panCAKES not panPIES

Feirmont: >_>

Kringle chuckles

Feirmont: That's it! I'm leaving!

Sam111: When you first became active in the region did you expect to be doing so much so soon?

Feirmont: Honestly, no I didn't. I wanted to help out as much as I could, but I didn't think it would become more than just a few activities here and there. Managing the region's cultural and communications side has become more of a passion than a hobby. If you would've told me 6 months ago I would be MoRA, I would've laughed at you Tounge

Sam111: How far do you see yourself going?

Feirmont: In the Cabinet?

Sam111: Cabinet/Region

Feirmont: I really enjoy the MoRA, and working with the various new and older members of the community. I want to be as active as I am now in the years to come. Honestly, I would like to be Delegate one day; but I would be content in staying on as MoRA for a long time (if I don't get ousted Tounge)

Sam111: As I said watch out, I've got you in my sights Tounge and I'm not the only one

Feirmont: Ideally tho, I would like to be Vice-Delegate one day; supporting the Delegate, watching the region grow. Haha I've had a target on my back ever since I decided to become MoRA Tounge

Sam111: Being rather tasty can only take you so far. Luckily it so happens that it can take you to MoRA and beyond Tounge

Feirmont: Food is an excellent motivator Wink

Sam111: I'm looking forward to the day when you can email me pancakes

Feirmont: What a glorious day that will be Smile

Feirmont: Thanks again for your time Sam111, I'm sure the region will be seeing much more of you Happywide

Sam111: Thanks for having me Feirmont. It's been plenty of fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Feirmont's post:
  • Argenistan

This was published so you can pretend that RS has been active.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Actually, Sam and I spoke about releasing his spotlight before the elections even started.
#EC4Lyfe

(07-17-2015, 04:43 PM)Punchwood Wrote: This was published so you can pretend that RS has been active.

Feir is not stupid, and neither is TSP.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Argenistan

(07-17-2015, 04:56 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(07-17-2015, 04:43 PM)Punchwood Wrote: This was published so you can pretend that RS has been active.

Feir is not stupid, and neither is TSP.

"I suppose we could be more civil towards each other." Really? Come on guys, you said you would post this tonight after I said RS &has died. You simply posted this to better your chances of winning the top job and Kris to win your old job.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Good interview and nice to learn some more about our Vice-Delegate. Whatever the outcome of the elections Sam, I hope you continue to play an active role in TSP.