We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Skyrim

I got Skyrim yesterday, and it's excellent so far.

The Legendary Edition of it is on sale for 20 bucks on Steam.

So, who's got it, who wants it, and what do you think of it?

Edit: To satiate the need for OP's input, I'll tell what I think of it.

Excellent game. Really nice graphics, assuming you have it bumped up and can handle it on your computer. The storyline is somewhat typical of both Bethesda and fantasy story lines, in that the player is, "Very important and highly unique in the world". Fantasy, because, well, fantasy. Bethesda because in the Fallout game series, it's been a staple of the story that the player is someone very special to the game, not just as the only one who's playing it.

Cynosurian Councillor of Brilliance

Wait a minute.... you're telling me you only got it now? Oh, boy! The wonders you were missing.

Now, as soon as you finish playing the normal game, go straight to this website. Download the mod manager, download a shitload of awesome mods, and have an awesome time. It might take you a few tries before you get it all configured and not prone to crashing in case you have too many mods, but the mod manager makes that easy. I'm currently running it with 92 different mods, ranging from patches, new items, spells, NPCs, quests, gameplay overhauls, graphics improvements and a lot of other stuff.

IMHO, vanilla Skyrim is a 9.5/10. With mods, it's over 10/10.

This other website can help in selecting the right mods.

<33

I'm very familiar with Nexus. The friend who got me it is running over 100 mods via Nexus, and has on multiple occasions in IRC referenced it.

I'll do my vanilla for now, when I can get the mods, I will.

Searched it. Sounds interesting. However, my mom will most probably say no, 'cause its violent.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I personally recommend this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48593/?

<33

The deal with Skyrim is that I put so much thought into my character, but yet a quarter way through the campaign I feel like I messed up it somehow and start over.
No other game makes something like "dirt color" so important.

Sent from my XT1063 using Tapatalk
SibDis

I enjoyed Skyrim but I've always had a preference for the Fallout series over the Elder Scrolls series. I like fantasy but the post apocalyptic world of Fallout was so much more interesting to explore in my opinion.
[Image: Uy6Tvaj.gif]

(07-25-2015, 08:20 AM)Imkihca Wrote: I enjoyed Skyrim but I've always had a preference for the Fallout series over the Elder Scrolls series. I like fantasy but the post apocalyptic world of Fallout was so much more interesting to explore in my opinion.

Fallout 4 HYPE \o/

<33

my body is ready

But onto Skyrim. . .

How much time do I need to finish the game, since I know if will be a while.

I used to have Skyrim modded for immersion, such as Frostfall (such a beautiful mod) and some fixes, like rain that doesn't go through roofs. Also, I enjoyed both the Elder Scrolls series and the Fallout series.

* Bonaugure is looking forward to Fallout 4.

"Find a way or make one."

Better known as Bon.