We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CESTA Council Debate: A Strategic Command (Closed)

On 2 September, we will be able to make revisions to the Treaty that brought us together. We have briefly discussed having a missile defense, space weapons, and a drone program. I think that it is necessary to create a multinational military known as the United Defense Forces (UDF). As a result of the creation of the UDF, we would place the Anti-Terror Special Forces (ATSF) in it as a subunit. To deal with missile defenses, space weapons, and drones, we would create the United Air Force (UAF). Perhaps, we could create a standing army, committing a portion of our soldiers to: the United Ground Forces (UGF) and United Naval Force (UNF). If we are going to go forward with this on 2 September or some time after, what other branches should be created, or will the UAF, UGF, and UNF be all that we need?
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Brilliant idea. We would like to donate 100,000 troops from our army.

But will they be the UF's peacekeepers, or an actual army?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

It would be an actual army.

My History

But what will this army do?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Exactly what it is: a defense force.

My History

We already have one. Our armies.

We don't need to separate a portion of our armies.

Well, fine. Let's just look at what we discussed and create a Strategic Command. How about that?

My History

Good.

I'd just like to take this moment to approach an important topic, which other organizations have already voiced their concerns about.

Many of us have joined several different international organizations, all of which have one form or another of required mutual military assistance. I am just a little concerned at how things would play out should conflict spark between members of different organizations.

Actually, screw that, I'm really concerned. I don't want the whole military aspect of the UF/CESTA to be struck void.

<33

OOC: Save that for a thread that I'm about to create.

My History