We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: What is your opinion on capital punishment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I favor abolishing capital punishment.
63.64%
7 63.64%
I favor keeping capital punishment.
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Capital punishment

In the United States, capital punishment is legal in 31 states, as of August 2015. In May of this year, Nebraska became the most recent state to abolish capital punishment. In my opinion, capital punishment in the country should be abolished by the Supreme Court of the United States, because we all know that there will be some states, especially Texas, that would not abolish capital punishment at the state-level. In fact, it's ironic. The South retains capital punishment, yet are majority Christians. I am a Christian, and the Sixth Commandment says, "Thou shalt not kill."

It does not matter if you reside in the United States or somewhere else in the world. Capital punishment has been abolished for all crimes in 102 countries around the world. I would support a convention in which capital punishment is abolished in all countries. However, even then, there will be countries that would rebel against it, and I predict it to be the Middle Eastern countries. Now, I want to know your opinion on the matter. Should capital punishment be abolished?
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Capital punishment is an old world relic, like GOP values.

The abolishment of it is necessary.

Cynosurian Councillor of Brilliance

Some GOP values are good, like opposing abortion except in cases of rape, incest, or the life of the mother, but that is for another discussion.

My History

*Get demolition robot*

So, where do I put the capital punishment trash?

And I support abortion. The baby is not a human yet, its a fetus, and its not even born yet, it has no emotions(of what I am aware of) or conscience in its first weeks of "life", and its a woman's choice.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Fuck capital punishment.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Let's talk about abortion on another thread.

My History

I think capital punishment is needed in super rare cases (multiple murders, ect). I do think it's best to not let another human being live if they've killed many others.

But, I do think most states use it too liberally.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Generally those who commit mass murder (not serial killings, but mass murder) either take their own lives or are killed by police officers.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Serial killing is mass murder, in my mind

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I would rather let them rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

My History