We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

IRC

So after a lot of thought on this I think we may have reached a point where we need to kill off #the_south_pacific or at least ask Asta to hand the channel over to someone in the Cabinet. The channel is slowly dying off and really isn't well managed. I still don't support moving to a fully government run channel put something has to change.

I have a couple of things to say on this issue:

1. I don't really have any concerns about the activity or lack thereof of the main channel, not do I have any major concerns about having one main regional channel.
2. If we did want to have one main channel, I think we should seriously consider restricting it to citizens, perhaps also to residents, but 'channel visitors/lurkers' should be kept out. We need a safe place for the region, not more toxicity, and most often than not that toxicity arises when people with no involvement in the region show up and light the flame.
3. Control of such a channel should be in the hands of someone with firm South Pacifican record. I know lots of channels have Asta as op, but she is not a citizen, not even a resident, and I think that is wrong. Ops should be people with a stake in the region.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I've been mixed on it the idea, but I fully agree at this point. Just look at the op list, we have 12 ops (including a bot) in it right now and I only see three that are even in TSP.

Of course we'll get the usual from people like Quietdad (didn't even realize he was still a citizen) but this is for the better. I'd suggest we mention that someone other than Kringle proposed this, he's almost certainly going to get the usual "admin dictatorship" hate as well.

Good thing Hileville proposed it then, not I.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Perhaps we should continue discussing this?

Legal Resources:

I would support moving the official regional channel to a citizens only channel.

I would support this as well, but I'm uncertain how kindly the foreigners will take to this. One thing I'd definitely agree to is that the channel owner and ops should be citizens of TSP.

I don't think we should be making purely internal decisions based on what foreigners think, but in any case #the_south_pacific would still continue to exist. We would simply have an additional channel with a different group in mind.

Legal Resources:

(08-26-2015, 11:07 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I don't think we should be making purely internal decisions based on what foreigners think, but in any case #the_south_pacific would still continue to exist. We would simply have an additional channel with a different group in mind.

In that case, I'm for it, but in the grander scheme of things, my opinion doesn't really matter since I don't get a vote.

It matters to me, for what it's worth. Smile

Legal Resources: