We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Australia's new Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull

I just figured this out a few days before and I am still in shock.

Australia's now former Prime Minister Tony Abbot was ousted from his seat after a vote from his Liberal Party deposed him and he was replaced by Malcolm Turnbull 54-44.

I don't know much about Australian politics or Australia itself(in fact when I think of Australia I think of the Outback and the Sidney Opera House), so I don't have much of an opinion. But I heard that Abbot was "not good"(and when I mean not good I mean hated in the Australian electorate) with the electorate, so to be deposed by your own party shows you are truly hated.

Congrats, Aussies! Support from sunny(and sh*t worthless) Puerto Rico!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Fingers crossed we get something similiar in Brazil. Tounge

<33

You're telling me. Brazil needs more than that. By the gravity of its massive corruption, Brazil must do something. A fair junta that reorganizes the country in a few years? That's what Im doing with Ryccia. Or maybe a revolution?

Brazil is truly a rich and beautiful nation. Although the thought that some degree of their population lives in extremely extreme poverty is shocking, it does not surprise me. If it were not for all those corrupt politicians and dictatorships, Brazil would have one of the highest standards of living by now!

Vamos, Brasil! Lucha contra tu enorme corrupción! Algun día seras una de las naciones mas ricas de este planeta! Tus recursos y población lo hacen posible! Acaba con la corrupción y oligarquía! Rompe esas humillantes cadenas! Arriba Brasil! Avanza adelante, Brasil! Lo puedes hacer!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Ahh Tony Abbott, I think I met one person who liked him, and that was jur because they met him. They had no idea how hopeless he was.
I don't have a large opinion on Turnbull, but he's supposed to be good. However, its still the liberals, so stupid stuff can be expected to happen.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

I take offense to that last statement.

If you mean that he's offending liberals, Henn, the Australian Liberal Party is as liberal as a church minister.

Its just our Liberal party, the absolute stupid people of the government. But Labor has followed suit with people like Julia Gillard.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Worker's Party for us here. Tounge Most stupid people on the government, yet they keep getting elected over and over.

<33

The major political parties are lazy corrupt sh*ts. Both the NPP and the PDP are stupid idiots. What they are doing with this island is tearing it apart(the ruling party supporters have higher chances to get employed by the government) and offering zero chances of progress and false promises.

Worst of all is that the political parties I most agree with(WPP and the PRP) are tiny minorities. Even though the PIP and the SUM are centre-left/social democratic parties, f*ck 'em.

Can't my people open their eyes and dethrone these rotten major political parties? Can't they search for better things than penepés and populares? Or will my people stay blind,forever being used as toys of these parties?

To see the political parties Im reffering to, click here.

I don't think Turnbull will be any better than Abbott.