We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Maskings...

Im just wondering the level of masking for the Judiciary...

Is the Judiciary > CSS ? SHOULD the Judiciary masking be above the CSS masking?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Shouldn't the Judiciary be masked as plain citizens? Having access to more than a plain citizen would introduce the abilty the see more than is presented as evidence in a trial and having desicions made on personal interpretation instead of presented evidence. No real issue hw either way. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm not sure why Judiciary would be masked as anything other then plain citizen and possibly have access to a judicial sub-forum.

The duties and responsibilities of the Judiciary are very different then the CSS.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Im not saying theyre the same, Escade, just wondering why a Judiciary masking shows over a CSS masking, as an Admin mask shows over Kris being Delegate... Surely, the CSS is a higher position (in terms of masking, not law) than the Judiciary...

Just my $.02
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Oh, I don't see the masking so I'm not sure.

I'm going to just state here that "Judicial District" doesn't quite mesh with our other government sub-forums. Maybe "Judiciary" ?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

One masking always has to be set as the primary masking; others are set as secondary maskings. So a CSS masking will give you access to the CSS areas, a Citizen masking the Assembly and Election Areas, a Court Justice masking to the private Judicial areas. Which is set as primary is entirely up to the admin who masked you, and has no effect on what you can and cannot see. As a rule of thumb I used to go with;

Elected Office (Cabinet/Judicial) > Appointed Office (CSS, etc) > Military/Other (NSA Member, Dean of TSPU, etc). Generally admins and GM's have always had that as their primary masking as it's very useful to know who they are, but when I was an admin and in Cabinet at the same time I usually made use of a special admin masking that had the admin color and permissions but the name of my Elected Office at the same time.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I know it's not relevant to the topic, but the thread seems fitting enough. So I'll ask. Where is my citizen masking?

(04-23-2014, 05:06 PM)Torchwood Wrote: I know it's not relevant to the topic, but the thread seems fitting enough. So I'll ask. Where is my citizen masking?

It would probably be a good idea to apply for citizenship in the first place.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(04-23-2014, 10:59 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 05:06 PM)Torchwood Wrote: I know it's not relevant to the topic, but the thread seems fitting enough. So I'll ask. Where is my citizen masking?

It would probably be a good idea to apply for citizenship in the first place.

I suppose since the forum change all citizens had to reapply? If not then I am a registered citizen, and having to go through the motions of it again would be redundant and a tad bit insulting.
"We don't have to dream that we're important. We are" - Robert House

Those who were citizens at the time of the move didn't need to reapply. You had lost your citizenship due to inactivity before the move.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System