We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Be careful what you wish for...

...you might just get it.

After some WA players clamoured for new mods to revitalise the decision-making, having apparently forgotten what happened with Flibbleites, they ended up getting two of the most conservative and wrong-headed players elevated to the pantheon. WA decisions are now likely to more reactionary, not less. Yay!

Are you serious? And they wonder why I accuse the GA mods of being biased in favor of AO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Mousey is gonna make a fine mod.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

The only issue I have with Mousebumples is that she's cut from the same cloth as Flib and Ardchoille. They're all the same person. Mods will never choose a player that disagrees with them.

It's Mall I take serious offense at. This is the guy who destroyed the Eastern Islands of Dharma because he didn't like me and Unibot. Mall has trolled and flamed since he joined. He is unabashedly biased and public in his dislike of certain players. He doesn't have a single ethical bone in his body when it comes to NS, and he's proud of that fact.

So why on earth is he a mod? It's because he's part of the AO system, and Ardchoille and the rest will only ever choose mods from that group of players. The same group of players that has a hidden forum where they say mean and vile things about players, in which Ardchoille and Flib routinely participate. But if you ever mention that, then you're unfairly distorting off-site comments made by mods for your own political gain.

Saying any of this only means I'm a jealous conspiracy theorist, too.

Well, I'd be surprised if even Mall wasn't shocked when they asked him.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

(04-25-2014, 04:01 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: The only issue I have with Mousebumples is that she's cut from the same cloth as Flib and Ardchoille. They're all the same person. Mods will never choose a player that disagrees with them.
This is my issue with it. The suggestion that new mods be nominated came because of the disquiet caused by a series of contested mod rulings. Yet Mousebumples and Mall never challenge mod rulings and have an almost protective attitude towards any questioning of Ardchoille. It's not going to lead to any shake-up; it's only going to solidify the groupthink.

The same as happened 5 years ago, with Flib.

I don't know VC, I think you should be in support of these mods. Solidifying group thinking or being facetious is your specialty.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(04-25-2014, 04:46 PM)Escade Wrote: I don't know VC, I think you should be in support of these mods. Solidifying group thinking or being facetious is your specialty.
I have no idea what this means.

Mall was pretty shocked when he was asked. As far as I'm aware, Mall has a clean forum record with NS in his 4 years.

(04-25-2014, 05:41 PM)Severisen Wrote: Mall was pretty shocked when he was asked. As far as I'm aware, Mall has a clean forum record with NS in his 4 years.

Having a clean forum record doesn't make somebody an angel. (I have a clean forum record, and I don't think anybody would say I'm an angel.) Mall is a troll and proud of it. I'm pretty sure he's made dozens of posts saying so.