We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Establishing an International Security Command

Madam President,

I speak on behalf of the Republic of Kringalia at this grave hour on the recent nuclear exchange between rebel forces in Ryccia and Sporaltryus. We long tried to avoid the explosion of this powder keg, trying to diffuse the conflict and turning it into a constructive competition between peaceful nations. We failed. Just as I speak in these clean halls, thousands are suffering the effects of radiation due to these nuclear launches. I cannot abide by this. We cannot abide by this. I have it from good source that several nations are ready to act, and we must take advantage of this momentum before it is too late.

I hereby present a draft resolution to establish an International Security Command. Its mission will be to contain the deteriorating situation in Ryccia and Sporaltryus and to assume control of all nuclear and military facilities, to prevent the further escalation of this conflict. We cannot hesitate. I implore you all for your cooperation in this matter of extreme urgency.

[Image: eF1eZBJ.png]

RESOLUTION 005
ESTABLISHMENT OF AN INTERNATIONAL SECURITY COMMAND

Given the deteriorating situation in Ryccia and Sporaltryus and the recent nuclear exchanges that threaten peace across the region, the Southern Council resolves as follows:

1. Sense of the Council

It is the sense of the Southern Council that the use of nuclear weapons in warfare is an irresponsible action that threatens global peace and stability. It further condemns such use and sends its condolences to the thousands of families who have been affected by the recent nuclear exchange.

It is further resolved that the Southern Cooperation Organisation is allowed by its Charter and required by common human decency to intervene in Ryccia and Sporaltryus to prevent the additional use of weapons of mass destruction against innocent civilians.

2. Establishment of an International Security Command

Members are encouraged to contribute their military forces to the establishment of an International Security Command, whose mission will consist of the following:
  • To assume control of all nuclear warheads and launch and production facilities in Ryccia and Sporaltryus.
  • To dismantle all nuclear warheads and confiscate all nuclear production information in Ryccia and Sporaltryus.
  • To protect foreign citizens still residing in Ryccia and Sporaltryus.
3. Leadership of the Command

Leadership of the Command shall be shared by two generals with different jurisdictions:
  • A general appointed by the Farengeto Republic to lead the International Security Command in Ryccia
  • A general appointed by the Resentine Kingdom to lead the International Security Command in Sporaltryus
Members contributing to the Command shall answer to the respective generals. Each shall have control over strategy in their respective jurisdictions, but are advised to coordinate with the leaders of the participating militaries.

4. Restrictions on Military Campaigns

Members shall not use military intervention in Ryccia or Sporaltryus outside the scope of the International Security Command. It shall be the duty of the Leadership to ascertain that no nation takes nuclear warheads or nuclear information for its own use. Steps shall be taken to avoid to the greatest possible extent strikes on civilian targets unrelated to the Ryccian and Sporaltryan nuclear arsenals in terms of production of material, storage of information and launching of missiles.

5. International Cooperation

Members of the United Front are encouraged to participate in the International Security Command. Secretary General Bazzoli is instructed to coordinate any actions necessary to facilitate constant cooperation between the Southern Cooperation Organisation and the United Front on this matter.

6. Signatories

This Resolution shall be binding upon all members of the Southern Cooperation Organisation and may not be reserved.

Resolved on 12 October 2015,

Chien Ching Chiung
President of the Southern Council
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Farengeto has declared its support for this resolution and will announce its military campaign leader shortly

This resolution has Resentine's support. Marshall General Phillip Braddock will serve in the Command leadership position.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

We would not be commenting in this resolution, we trust that the SCO would do what's best.

Hammerstarian Junior International Delegate
Francis Drummond
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

This resolution has Rebeltopian support, but we will not shy whether we will send Rebeltopians into areas that can, and most likely will, be bombed. We cannot risk the safety of our forces without knowledge that they will not be harmed.

Regina Hughes
Permanent Delegation to the SCO
The Commonwealth of Rebeltopia

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Karnetvor supports this resolution. The Niamu Military Base in Tasternine will be put at the SCO's disposal, and we will mobilize the Tasterninian Fleet, which is based there.

Randall Gadyrov
Permanent Representative to the Southern Cooperation Organization
Federal Republic of Karnetvor
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Madam President,
Given the time sensitive nature of this matter, I move that it be immediately brought to a vote.

Michael Stork
Permanent Representative
Republic of Kringalia
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Awesomiasa will be willing to contribute to logistical, reconnaissance and peacekeeping efforts

In accordance with Section D5 of the Provisional Standing Orders, the motion on Resolution 005 will be put to vote. The voting period will last 2 days, concluding Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 1935 HRS (UTC+8).

Members may vote 'Aye' if in favour, 'Nay' if against or 'Abstain' in the case of an abstention.

In accordance with Clause 23 of the Charter of the Southern Cooperation Organisation, further noting that the motion above pertains to a matter listed under Clause 22e of the Charter, a majority must be obtained for this motion to pass.

Chien Ching Chiung
Interim President of the Southern Council

Awesomiasa votes AYE