We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CESTA Council Debate: Updating the membership application

My fellow members, I am bringing to the attention the need to update our membership application. I would like to do away with the "United Front" name because of a complaint from a source that it has "terroristic connotations." Aside from that, I believe that we need to know exactly what countries we are letting join this alliance and make sure that they uphold the most basic democratic and economic standards.

Here is the current application:

APPLICATION OF ACCESSION TO THE UNITED FRONT

STEP 1: BASIC INFORMATION
Full name of nation:
Form of Government:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Minister of Foreign Affairs:

STEP 2: RATIFICATION OF THE CHARTER
Check with an X between the [] if your nation has ratified the following:
[] Charter of the United Front

STEP 3: REQUEST FOR ADMISSION
[NATION] hereby requests to the Council due consideration for accession as a full member of the United Front and offers to provide any further information necessary to process this request.

Here is the proposed application:

APPLICATION FOR ACCESSION OR OBSERVERSHIP TO THE CESTA

STEP 1: MEMBERSHIP OR OBSERVERSHIP
Check with an X between the [] to indicate whether your nation will be a member or observer:
[] Member
[] Observer

STEP 2: BASIC INFORMATION
Full name of nation: 
Form of government:
Head of state:
Head of government (do not fill if the head of state is also head of government):
Minister (or Secretary) of Foreign Affairs:

STEP 3: RATIFICATION OF THE CHARTER
Check with an X between the [] if your nation has ratified the following:
[] Charter of the CESTA

STEP 4: CHECK OF ECONOMIC STANDINGS
Check with an X if the following are legal in your nation:
[] Foreign companies may operate within your territory
[] Domestic companies may operate within your territory
[] Domestic companies may operate within other territory
[] Exporting goods from your territory is legal
[] Importing goods from other territory is legal

STEP 5: CHECK OF DEMOCRACY STANDINGS
Check with an X if the following apply to your nation:
[] Elections occur on a normal basis in your nation
[] There is an executive, legislative, and judicial branch of government
[] Your nation's people may vote without age, gender, racial, religious, sexual, or wealth discrimination
[] Immigration and emigration is not unreasonably restricted
[] People not of your nation have freedom of movement
[] People may voice their opposition to your government without punishment
[] People have the freedom of religion in your nation
[] Without discrimination of any kind, people are able to attend schools in your nation
[] People in your nation are able to have health care coverage without any kind of discrimination

STEP 6: REQUEST FOR ADMISSION
[NATION] hereby requests to the Council due consideration for accession as a full member of the CESTA and offers to provide any further information necessary to process this request.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

[OOC: I let it go before because the format was only vaguely similar, but I do expect to receive credit for that "expanded" application, since I made it for the SCO. In fact, I expect to be asked permission to even use it.]
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

For what possible reason would the name "United Front" have "terroristic connotations"?

<33

What terrorist connotations?
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

When approached with an offer to join this alliance, Resentine declined due to the name of this alliance. (OOC: I credit Kringle for this format.)

My History

(Post link?)

<33

PM, I remember it, but the PM is lost.

My History

Hm. Not that it matters. I refuse to get rid of the name based on a hollow claim that "United Front" somehow has terroristic connotations.

<33

Okay, I'm just gonna drop this, but let's get on the issue of the application. Is there anything that needs to be added?

My History

Terrorist connotations?

I can explain that, but it'd be a small explanation that wouldn't do it justice. Put it one way, ICly, the UF is also the name of a terrorist group in Resentine and Sporaltryus. Anything more, and I'm not answering.