We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declassification of Cabinet Records

I believe it is time we declassified some of our records. I have spent the last hour taking a look at all threads whose last post was made before 19 February 2015, and believe that we should declassify all except the following: In the last two we have some Skype and IRC logs that I would want the Cabinet to review, for privacy considerations. I honestly don't remember why I kept the first one, but please do review it regardless. The thread on Belschaft's citizenship contains Skype logs with the real names of some of us, so I would recommend making a copy of the thread and redacting the names from that copy, before releasing it.

Thoughts on this?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I agree on all three threads. The first two I wouldn't release at all. The last once edited should be released.

I can agree to that. On that note, I would encourage everyone to also review the remaining threads that were not linked. I definitely could have missed something sensitive that should be kept in here.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Since there have been no further comments, I call for a vote on releasing all threads from the Cabinet and the Situation Room whose last post was on or before 22 February 2015, with the following exceptions: I vote AYE on this.

Legal Resources:

Aye

Aye
SibDis

Aye

Since we have a majority, I will prepare a brief statement on the declassification, tonight.

Legal Resources:

I know we already have a majority, but I vote aye.