We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2015 NationStates World Fair

Will we participating in the NS world fair? I know there was a bit of a tizzy before regarding Unibot when he passed it on to Kris and Cere. Now that's it is run by Todd and Co. will we be setting up a booth there?
SibDis

I think it is obvious my position will be against participating.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

It would be a good way to put what we've been doing out there.
SibDis

In all honesty, what people pay most attention to are the fun game threads, not the serious "progress" threads. I've noticed that in our previous booths.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Not attending would be a mistake, IMO. TNP, Lazarus, and Euro are all attending. It is likely that Balder and TRR will as well (I don't believe they have requested a booth just yet).

It is also very likely that TNP will be the host region and they are one of our closest allies.

They're already choosing a host. Do we have time to ask for a booth?
SibDis

Getting a regional venue is a fairly simple matter. Whoever is admin on the Fair forum just needs to create one. McMasterdonia asked me yesterday if we were going to participate, so I assume it is not too late to ask for a venue.

My position remains the same. I personally oppose our participation, but will respect and abide by whatever decision the Cabinet makes.

Legal Resources:

I believe it would be good for us to have a venue, but I don't want to put Kris in the uncomfortable position of having to organize attractions for our booth while he doesn't want us to have one.

I can be professional about my elected position. If the Cabinet decides we should participate in the World Fair, I will act accordingly. Obviously I wish we didn't participate at all, but there will not be tantrums from me.

Legal Resources:

I have no doubts about your professionalism, but that doesn't mean I enjoy putting you in uncomfortable situations. I would like to avoid it if at all possible. For me, the World Fair isn't a big enough deal to try and force you into creating things for our booth if you don't believe we should be there.