We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Since we seem to be looking at things...

In an effort to keep things above board and open, I'm proposing a change to Article II, Section 9 of the charter from:

9. Citizens may request a leave of absence from the Vice Delegate.

to:

9. Citizens may request a leave of absence from the Vice Delegate. Requests, Approvals, or reasons for denials shall be posted and viewable to the Assembly.

I am not calling anyone out here. I don't believe anything is going on, but I see a potential issue/conflict of someone being called out for not meeting the posting requirements and a Vice Delegate just being able to say "Oh, Yea, they PM's me, it's OK" or someone losing citizenship say "But I PM'd the VD" with repsonses ranging from  "I didn't see the PM" to "No you didn't".

Just a little house cleaning.

Yeah I'd agree with change it. It does seem to make perfect sense.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

In fairness, I'm not sure anyone has requested a leave. And if they did it was generally in the citizenship thread.

But a public post could be in order.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Again, not saying anything or anyone has done, or is doing anything. Just see a potential issue if someone is yanked after 30 days of non posting, a VD or cabinet member or admin can go "Oh yea, they PM'd me" and on the flip side someone can say "But I pm'd the VD I was taking leave, and VD saying "Never got it/saw it". Just trying to avoid a squabble.

I can confirm that nobody has formally requested a leave for citizenship purposes. I'm also not opposed to making the suggested change.

Also, in the same vein, should Cabinet leaves of absence be made public information as well? I mean, Sam's been on an LoA for some time now, yet almost no one knows

I support the change.

(01-04-2016, 08:57 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: In fairness, I'm not sure anyone has requested a leave. And if they did it was generally in the citizenship thread.

But a public post could be in order.

I have been on LoA for a month up to the 24th of December. However, giving reasons for requesting, and either allowing or denying an LoA request might prevent further misunderstandings.

(01-05-2016, 02:37 AM)Awe Wrote: Also, in the same vein, should Cabinet leaves of absence be made public information as well? I mean, Sam's been on an LoA for some time now, yet almost no one knows

That might depend on the nature of the LoA's requested. Sometimes it may be useful, and sometimes it may generate distrust.

"Find a way or make one."

Better known as Bon.

Well, if we want to legalize the change that sounds great. I'll motion QD's change to a vote.

We're talking about forum organization in the other thread, so I'll pick it up here (since it's related). It's easy enough for us to break out the "Welcome Center" to its own forum. Then we can have subforums for citizenship apps and one for LoA. Sound good?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

If you are saying have all apps done in individual threads I think that is a good idea. It will kill some of the clutter.

I'd also suggest having the welcome center first and an app forum second.