We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Petitions

Hello!

Many people have been trying to accommodate the RMB Community. But efforts have failed in some degree. The Local Council, in my opinion, is purely decorative and is unnoticeable(no offense to the members of the LC, I am criticizing the system. I was part of it, and all we did was polls and minimally aiding the MoRA. I couldn't find something at the time to integrate the RMB Community. Sigh. I did an effortless job. Sad).

Well, I am planning something to give the NS Community a little bit of power: Petitions! RMBers and citizens can submit a petition about a topic to the Delegate or Vice Delegate, and, as the representatives of the people, the Delegate and/or Vice Delegate will submit the petition to the Assembly, so they can discuss the matter. Its like that "We, the People" petition website from the White House. Petitions may be submitted one by one, once a day, or once every two days(in order to not plague the Assembly).

There is another way to do this: the same system, but, instead the Delegate and Vice, LCs or other officials! The proposed administrator of these petitions will regulate the submission of the petitions to the Assembly as mentioned, plus they could discard petitions that are basically worthless to the Assembly to debate.

This may give the Assembly a little boost in activity, plus regulating petitions will give the Delegate and Vice Delegate/Local Council/Proposed Officials a little bit of/some/a lot of relevance and some power!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I think it's a great idea! I think it should be up to LC members to one give them something to do and two if you look up in the Charter you will actually see their job is to represent the people game-side.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

I support this measure to the fullest extent.

<33

I like this idea. But what would the petitions be, exactly?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I had a similar idea in my rewrite of the Charter. Though I do think if we formalize this, we should write it out in laws.

(01-04-2016, 06:13 PM)Ryccia Wrote: RMBers and citizens can submit a petition about a topic to the Delegate or Vice Delegate, and, as the representatives of the people, the Delegate and/or Vice Delegate will submit the petition to the Assembly, so they can discuss the matter.

Wouldn't simply registering for the forum and posting in the assembly have the same effect?

This discussion has happened, but it seems not many seem to be interested in joining our forums.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

There are those with legitimate reasons to not want to join the forums, privacy and such, but there are others who just refuse to sign up for no reason whatsoever, apart from probable laziness. I think we should try and find a way to accommodate the first set of people.

I'd prefer an approach where we allow region members to post in the Assembly. We can do this either by opening up this main Assembly hall or creating a sub-forum where non-citizens are able to post in the Assembly.

I definitely agree with this!

Power to the people Woot woot Tounge

In all seriousness, Hileville's method also has some merit, perhaps there is a way that we can combine both idea's?

A thread for petitions that allows all regional members regardless of citizenship to propose/petition government change and movement?

That way it isn't a requirement to be approved for citizenship in order to voice/see out opinions/actions regarding regional change.

Edit: This thread would of course be more for ideas and suggestions than for actual passable legislature. It would give a voice to those who, for whatever reason, have no wish or ability to become citizens. I believe that this would diversify political opinions and open up new doors for future growth in TSP.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo