We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Buzz News TSP

In light of our resent lack of news I have decided to found my own newspaper! I did consider joining the Nova but I decided against it and instead found my own newspaper, Buzz News TSP. This will be a weekly newspaper and the publishing day will be a Friday. It will hopefully be mainly non-bias however I will add my own take on certain issues and they may or may not always be natural! Anyway enough rambling time for the first issue!

Large Increase In Assembly Discussions.
By Punchwood

The Assembly has been recently discussing the current activity problems the region is facing and how to solve it. The topic was started by citizen Punchwood who started the topic by saying what he thought was causing the activity problems and how he thinks the region should go about sorting it. There is now talk of setting up a committee of around five members varying in age to try and find a solution. The discussion has led to two other discussions, the first on reducing the voting threshold required to change an article in the Charter and overriding a Cabinet decision to just 60% instead of 75%. It was put and to vote and has passed 11-1 (91.67%) with 1 abstention. The other discussion is about removing the Local Council and breaking up the Ministry of Regional Affairs into three separate Ministries. Delegate Hileville suggested the large changes to Regional Affairs, the Cabinet and Local Council. He suggests splitting Regional Affairs into three separate Ministries, removing the Chair of the Assembly from the Cabinet and eliminating the Local Council. So far, discussion has been on splitting the Ministry and it has been welcomed by most. However though most do agree with splitting the Ministry most do not agree with splitting it into three separate Ministries preferring just to create one more. But Regional Affairs veterans Kris Kringle and Punchwood have both opposed any splitting of the Ministry and have said that if it had to be split it should be limited to just two separate Ministries. Buzz News TSP will keep you updated on all Assembly matters.

Feirmont Resigns as MoFA
By Punchwood

Former Delegate Feirmont announced his resignation as Minister of Foreign Affairs on January the 11th. He thanked the region as a whole for “the great time I had in Cabinet thus far, and overall in the region.” Though he never made his reasons for resigning public he did mention that he had his own reasons. His resignation as Minister has sparked a special election for Foreign Affairs. Nominations started on the 12th and will closed yesterday on the 15th. Despite the fact that 7 people had been nominated only one was accepted and that was a self-nomination. Two declining their nominations. Sopo was the one who nominated himself and is the only contestant. A former TSP citizen, Sopo has recently returned to TSP and nominated himself to make sure that the elections go on it seems. Buzz News TSP will have full coverage of this special election.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Good job. As the owner of The Nova and as a regular citizen, Im glad that the private media is expanding! Smile
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

The more povs, the better! Great work! Happywide

<33

Povs?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Points of View.

<33

TSP is fond of its news, very fond.

Option Poll

Right due to circumstances Buzz News TSP took a small break, it is now back and I'm not going to do a big news piece on what happened because we all know what happened. Instead I would like to start with an option poll on the current and possible candidates in this current election. The poll will remain open for 24 hours and the results and analysis will be released either tomorrow or the 15th. I do hope you take the time to complete this very short poll.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gPJu1Z9...=send_form 

Just completed this option poll would like your say on my selections for the various positions.

Your poll isn't secure; people can submit multiple responses.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Sadly all polls by google do this Sad Or at least I can't find how to prevent this.