We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Southtalk

(You didn't think I was going to let this die, did you?)

Why hello there!

I want to invent a language!(You: There he goes again...)

But, I won't create it by myself. I will do it with you, if you wish!
(You: What?!)

You see, I want to try something. There are people here that speak English, TSP's lingua franca, but also there are native Spanish speakers, native Portuguese speakers, native French speakers, native Swedish speakers, native Greek speakers, native Chinese speakers, native Indonesian speakers, etc. So I want to make a social experiment. I want to create a blend of all the languages spoken in TSP to create Southtalk! Here's how it will work:

(X) says:
Hello!(in (y) language):

(Z) interprets it as apple, or simply just wants the word to be apple.

Result: Hello in (y) language becomes apple in Southtalk.

RULES(VERY IMPORTANT):
1. NO USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE, OR ANY KIND OF TRANSLATOR TO KNOW A WORD OUTSIDE YOUR LANGUAGE! IT IS FORBIDDEN, IN ORDER TO MAKE SOUTHTALK SUCCESFUL!

2. The grammar is based on English, unless people want to switch another form of sentence-making.

3. If you don't know any other language other than English then please, search a language in Google Translate, but DO NOT MENTION ITS REAL MEANING!

4. Writing systems are Latin and Cyrillic. If your language uses a different script, romanize or cyrillicize it.

5. If you know the word by instinct, then give it a different meaning. If the word is in your native tounge, you are banned from responding to it.

I'll keep a written dictionary in another thread I'll make, when we have 100 words.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Last time, Rhino said Arvore

Revival

Bizcocho
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Punch

Oculos

<33

Spy

Kodomo

A.M.

Lawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

Mower
Ato
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Day

Yoru

Night
Asa
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.

Morning

Kimi

Afternoon
Futsu