We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Lampshade Galaxy: TSP FT Map

- The Lampshade Galaxy - 

Version 1.9 of the Map of The Lampshade Galaxy
Last updated 03.04.16

How the map works

The Lampshade Galaxy map updates every Friday, when claims made in the preceding week are processed. All players with less than 1000 points of total development will receive 200 points every week to spend on developing their empire, which can be spent on new systems or developing existing systems. Players with more than 1000 points of development will receive 100 points. Every Friday unspent points will deteriorate at a rate of 75% (ie; 100 unspent points will be reduced to 75 points), meaning that it is advisable to spend points when you receive them rather than saving them. However, players who miss several weeks will not lose out entirely on development during this time period.

The Lampshade Galaxy is roughly 100,000 Light-years across, or 1000 pixels; each pixel represents roughly 10,000 Square Light-years of space. Obviously mapping an area of space this size is not practical, so for the purposes of this map several abstractions have to be made. The map icons are all centred on a single pixel, which can be identified by a six digit grid reference - ranging from 000.000 to 999.999. Each map icon is surrounded by an area of space coloured in that nations colour, represening their area of influence.

At present there are three types of map icon;

- Minor Systems: A habitable system with a small number of populated planets and moons (1-3)
- Major Systems: A habitable system with a large number of populated planets and moons (4+)
- Star Clusters: A cluster of several habitable systems in close proximity, with numerous populated planets and moons (limit of one at present)

New systems can be placed on the map in any form at full cost, or an existing system upgraded at the cost of the difference. All systems must be contiguous with each other, their areas of influence touching; you may not leave gaps inside your space. You may place one Star Cluster for every 500 points of development you have; if you have between 1-500 development you can have one star cluster, if you have between 501-1000 development you can have two star clusters, etc.

Your first system will be designated as your species' homeworld.

KEY

What kind of Future Tech is this?

As curator of this map, I take no position on what is the exact tech setting, age, development level, etc, of any and all FT RP's that may occur using this map. I consider such issues to be a matter for the individual players in question to determine.

How to make a starting claim

To make a map claim, please provide the following information;

The short name of your species/civilisation/empire, the location (grid-reference) and system type of its homeworld, the location (grid-reference) and system type of all other systems. New claims will always receive a starting 200 points.

How to develop and existing claim

To develop and existing claim, please first check your current point total. Then provide the location (grid-reference) and system type of the developments you wish to make. New systems can be added at their full cost, or existing systems upgraded at the difference in cost.

Current Point Totals of players on map
Player (Empire Name): Points to spend (Points on Map)

Belschaft (Teikoku): 200 (600)
Imperial Frost Federation (IFF): 200 (600)
Republic of Ubesii (Veran): 200 (600)
Resentine (Galactic Union/GU): 200 (600)
Hammerstar (Luna): 200 (600)
The Solar System Scope (Galactic Astrofolk Republic/GAR): 200 (550)
Ryccia (Ryccians): 200 (600)
Farengeto (The Modian Confederacy/Modia): 200 (600)
Qwert (Treecu Star Empire/Treecu): 200 (600)
Rhinotaz (New Empire of Noctenos/Noctenos): 200 (600)
Zak6858 (Zadinerian Empire/Zadineria): 505 (100)

Map History
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Anyone who makes a starting map claim between now and the first Friday update will get expedited placement on the map (done as soon as I can) so as to build up a basic galactic map.

I'm up for this.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

The Eternal Universal Federation of Elena, Solana, Clea, Luna and Nova. My home empire (Luna) is (3.5,4.5) in grid. Since 100 points, I want a major system in (3.5,6.5) named Clea and in (2.5,2.5) named Elena.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(03-14-2016, 07:21 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: The Eternal Universal Federation of Elena, Solana, Clea, Luna and Nova. My home empire (Luna) is (3.5,4.5) in grid. Since 100 points, I want a major system in (3.5,6.5) named Clea and in (2.5,2.5) named Elena.

A couple of problems with this;

1. You can make a starting claim of three systems, but only one of them could be a major system; you haven't included the cost of your homeworld here. I suspect it's due to the key not being especially clear.
2. Your claimed systems aren't contiguous - I can place them roughly where you want them if you give me four digit grid references rather than six digit ones, but they do need to still be in the same starting area. You need to remember that your civilisation is only just starting to colonise the galaxy, and will start off in a relatively concentrated area.

In the center, 500.0 by 500.0, 4 minor stars! Home world on 500.000 by 500.000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

(03-14-2016, 07:59 PM)Cathalea Wrote: In the center, 500.0 by 500.0, 4 minor stars! Home world on 500.000 by 500.000.

I can add that easily enough. What do you want you civilisation to be called?

The Sporaltryan Empire.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator

1 Major star system at point (7.1,0.5) in the large bright star and 2 minor systems moving upwards to (7,1) forming something akin to mickey from disney for a total of (100 points)

The major star system will be the Imperial Frost Federation's Primary Foothold into the Lampshade galaxy.
The remaining two will also act as footholds to push into the galaxy.

Cathalea and Imperial Frost Federation added.