We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resident Spotlight: Scylla

The lights lit up as Bonaugure and the audience await for the this evening's interviewee to arrive at the stage.

Bonaugure: Addressing the audience — "Tonight's guest is no other than our former Minister of Regional Affairs, Scyllaland, better known as Scylla. Please welcome him with a warm applause!"

Scylla: As he walks on stage accompanied by an applause — "Hello! Thank you very much for having me on today, Bon!"

Bonaugure: "Thanks to you for agreeing so kindly to the interview."

Scylla: "Not a worry."

Bonaugure: "Fine, shall we begin?"

Scylla: "Of course."

Bonaugure: "So, how long have you known about NationStates? And how did you find it?"

Scylla: "I actually joined the very first day I heard about it, through Reddit, on late August last year."

Bonaugure: Lays back on his armchair, surprised. Then sips some tea, and proceeds — "Was there anything that made you join NationStates so quickly?"

Scylla: Takes a sip of his own tea before responding, slightly leaning forward — "I found the whole concept very interesting. While not a political savant, I've always had a fascination with politics and found the idea of being involved in the community very appealing."

Bonaugure: "Oh, that's for sure a perspective shared by many of us... And what made you stick around The South Pacific?"

Scylla: "I spawned into The South Pacific, then stuck around because I felt the best approach was to just get involved and figure out my plan from there. I'm notable for, for lack of a better term, rising up the ranks so quickly after I joined."

Bonaugure: "Is there anything you felt identified with in the region? Role-play, gameplay, in-game, or forum wise?"

Scylla: "Originally, I was pretty present on the RMB. I joined the forums and enjoyed my time under Kris in the Ministry. While I meant to join the role-play scene, I just never found the time. I never got actively involved in gameplay..." — leans back and takes a sip of tea — "Although, some actions of mine inadvertently caused a stir in gameplay."

Bonaugure: "For example?" — asks tilting his head to the side.

Scylla: "I'm sure you remember the forum-takeover under Hile's delegacy."

Bonaugure: "Indeed... Would you like to share with us your perspective regarding those days?"

Scylla: "I still stand by all my actions; although I still wonder what may have transpired if I hadn't crippled Hile's movement."

Bonaugure: Nods, sips some tea and continues — "Then, how would you compare the Ministry of Regional Affairs during your term and at the moment?"

Scylla: "None of my major projects were released due to dissatisfaction within the region. Anything would be a better term than mine, even excluding the controversial decisions of the cabinet."

Bonaugure: "Hmm, is there anything you'd like to do to compensate it? Or anything you're looking forward this year?"

Scylla: "I must admit I've been extremely busy as of late and haven't had much time for anything Nationstates related beyond generally communicating with people. I don't intend to compensate in the near future as it's not feasible due to real life events." — remarks as he takes a sip of tea — "I would like to eventually release my projects when I can sustain them, however."

Bonaugure: "So, before finishing, I must ask you our never ending question. Pie or Cake? And why?"

Scylla: "Pie. Nothing beats a lovely apple and rhubarb pie." — declares with a smile on his face.

Bonaugure: "Well, your fellow Pieists shall rejoice about your answer. I cannot say the same about the Cakeists though..."

Scylla: "They'll have to live with my answer it seems." — smirks, and takes the last sip of his tea.

Bonaugure: Nods and takes a look at the clock on the wall. — "Anywho, it seems we've reached our end for tonight. Thanks for your time and willingness, they're much appreciated."

Scylla: "Thank you for having me, Bon! Always a pleasure."

The lights dim gradually as they say goodbye to the audience.

Date: 5th March, 2016
Interviewer: Bonaugure (Bon)
Interviewee: Scyllaland (Scylla)
Editor: Bonaugure
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice
[-] The following 1 user Likes Punchwood's post:
  • Argenistan

A fine interview. My congratulations to Bono for adding the innovative roleplay elements to the Spotlight.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Argenistan

(03-22-2016, 04:39 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: A fine interview. My congratulations to Bono for adding the innovative roleplay elements to the Spotlight.

Thanks, I wanted to interview like in a talk show. Smile

"Find a way or make one."

Better known as Bon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaugure's post:
  • Argenistan