We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Removal of Awe's Citzenship

Today when I went through the Citizenship List, I found Awe to be ineligible to maintain his citizenship due to his Nation in TSP Ceasing to Exist.
I included Awe, along with many other names, in the list of people to be removed from the citizenship list that I sent to the Admins.
That being said, now we need to discuss how we will fill the vacancy.

I think it would be best to use executive action and appoint someone for the remainder of the GC, since they will also serve as a CO Chair for the GC.
Semi-Unretired

I concur, executive action is the best move at this point in time.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

I concur. Do we have any suggestions of people we could appoint?

Edit: To be clear, I'd like it to be someone fairly well established and not super political. So, immediately taking out Bel, Sam, GR and Kris.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I suggest HEM?
Semi-Unretired

(04-13-2016, 04:17 PM)Drugged Monkeys Wrote: I suggest HEM?

HEM is just too inactive. As it stands even now he's less than a week from lapsing citizenship (not saying that he necessarily will, just making a point.)

So at this point since DM doesn't want to reappoint Awe, Tsu wants someone both "well established" and non-controversial, and certainly can't appoint someone borderline inactive, who does that really leave?

I'm going to guess no one. I know we ruled out Kris but he's not being "politically involved" anymore so I think we should have him as an option even if it is a last minute one.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Is there really that big of an issue for just reappointing Awe (now a citizen again) he's the best fit for the qualifications you all want and the position is almost ceremonial right now.

(04-13-2016, 05:52 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I'm going to guess no one. I know we ruled out Kris but he's not being "politically involved" anymore so I think we should have him as an option even if it is a last minute one.

If it comes down to Kris — I'd much sooner appoint Awe. Nothing against Kris personally, but this would become a major issue.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Could we just appoint Awe again. I mean I don't think Wolf and Cormac are here now to moan about it.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice