We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Forum Help/Tips

Feel free to move this wherever you think it best placed...

I thought it would be a good idea to share tips and have a place to ask general questions about the forums. This way if anyone has a question about how to do something, we have one place for it.

I'll start. Has anyone figured out a way to get the forum to go to the first unread post when you click the thread name? Currently, it goes to the first post in the thread...which will get annoying in the spam threads with 800+ pages and I left on on page 782....
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures

I think clicking on the title when outside its sub-forum will do that...
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

That takes me to the last post in the thread...but not the last unread post. The old forum used to take me right to the last post I hadn't read in the thread, but not all the way to the very end.
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures

At the top of the page (where it says Welcome back) you also have "View Today's Posts" or "View New Posts" which can be very useful Tounge

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

LE -- I imagine there's a way to do this, but it might take a bit more time than I have atm. I'll get on this ASAP.

(04-01-2014, 02:25 PM)Escade Wrote: At the top of the page (where it says Welcome back) you also have "View Today's Posts" or "View New Posts" which can be very useful Tounge

That shows me which threads have new posts, but when I click on the thread name, I'm still taken to the very first post in the thread.

(04-01-2014, 03:52 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: LE -- I imagine there's a way to do this, but it might take a bit more time than I have atm. I'll get on this ASAP.

Alright...thanks. No real rush...I know there are a lot of things that are happening around here right now. And many that are much more important. I appreciate that it's somewhere in the cloud of ideas.
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures

I don't if you've figured this out already, but if you click the green arrow next to the post title, it should take you to the latest unread post.

I haven't seen a green arrow next to the thread title...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures

Are you sure? See the attachment below.

I won't be home until Sunday, but I've definitely never seen that before. I'm certain of it...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures