We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Shall Article 3, Section 2 be amended to the below?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
70.59%
12 70.59%
Nay
17.65%
3 17.65%
Abstain
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amendment to Article 3, Section 2 of the Charter

In accordance with Article 3 of the Charter, the following amendment is up for a vote.

Quote:Section 2 - Chair of the Assembly and Duties of the Chair.

1. The Assembly will elect a Chair which will be responsible for the administration of all aspects of the drafting, debate, and passage of legislation.
2. The Chair of the Assembly has the clerical duty to maintain the Charter, Code of Laws, and all subsidiary documents, ensuring that all laws comport with proper standards and formatting, and all minor changes made are publicly recorded.
3. The Chair of the Assembly will serve on the Cabinet and act as the Legislative Liaison between the Cabinet and Assembly.
4. The Chair will serve a term lasting four months.
5. Procedures for the election of the Chair must be defined in Code of Laws.

The vote begins at 8:55p EST, May 9, 2014, and will end at 8:55p EST, May 14, 2014. The amendment requires a 75% majority in favor to pass.

Can Mr Chair please make the results of this vote public?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Sorry RT. As I think was discussed elsewhere, the "public poll" option isn't automatically checked and I forgot to update it. It's public now.

Thanks Smile
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Here's an official announcement to change my vote from "Abstain" to "Aye."

By a vote of 13-3, which is 81%, this amendment is approved.